Touch Movement's slide (left/right scrolling) speed

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Gigaah

Touch Movement's slide (left/right scrolling) speed

Post by Gigaah »

I'm not saying this is a real problem...it could possibly just be my sensibilities ..or just my senses and abilities😂. But the accerated scrolling is giving me a bit of trouble. I can surely see how it could be useful. In fact I would believe it if I was told I'm the odd man out on this feature. I can see how it would shorten ones scroll&find time. However when zoomed far enough in on the wave form if I move my finger juuuust bit too quickly. Things blur and move really quickly. I find myself losing my place when zoomed in because while zoomed to Maximum you just don't have that umm..¿contextual reference?..basically if it moves too quick it's easy to instantly not be sure exactly where you are. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

Normally..I'll find the area I'd like to work on while zoomed out a good ways. Then zoom into it to do my thing stitching audio together. I'm finding myself loosing my place once I'm zoomed in due to the accelerated/amplified motion. I TOTALLY understand that side2side scrolling on zoom is slow. However..I kind of see it as the nature of the beast and I'll just unzoom an appropriate distance for how far I need to travel and the rezoom once I've arrived.

It'd be cool if I could turn that feature off.However if you sicked that feature on the left/right pinch zoom controls. I think that'd probably be extremely useful. Even when I'm using two hands full in zoom to full out takes me bare Minimum 3-4 pinches but often 5-6. The height zoom you can do in one pinch tho.

For me at least. Accelerated zoom without the side scroll accelerated(just a touch would be fine) would be perfectly amazing and SIGNIFICANTLY speed navigation and shorten work time vs the accl'd side scrolling because it would make it effortless to zoom out..do your scrolling and zoom back in. ...and also stop my lame ass from losing my place😂.

Either way..I'll adapt. Just wanted to drop this off as food for thought. 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓃𝓀 𝒴o𝓊 again for your fabulous app.🤘
pwnified

Re: Touch Movement's slide (left/right scrolling) speed

Post by pwnified »

Awesome thoughts. To be honest the zooming hasn't been tuned in quite some while and could use another look, I'll put it on the list :)
It might be worth having the scroll multiplier change depending on the zoom level.