Export w/ Tracks Separate

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Desiree

Export w/ Tracks Separate

Post by Desiree »

I'm not sure I know the correct terminology to even make my question understandable, but I'll give it a try. I record short stories where there is a voice actor telling a story and various sound effects in the background. Sometimes I'd like to go back and edit some of the sound effects, but if I export the song and then import the song again later on, all the tracks I had are now one, which makes editing small parts impossible. Is there a way to export the file with all the tracks separate but together? I don't mean as stems because I would have to go back and places all the sound effects in their proper locations on the track. What I'd like to do is export an MP3 version (all tracks merged into one) and another version where all the tracks are all still multitrack but together in the same file.

I know it's possible to export the narration as one track and all the sounds effects as another track, and that makes it easy to go back and edit, but the ability to export all tracks together but separately would be even more convenient.

I hope my question is understandable!
pwnified

Re: Export w/ Tracks Separate

Post by pwnified »

Hi Desiree. Yes, If you want to save the projects themselves to somewhere else it's pretty easy. Close the current song from the Menu, and then long-touch the icon for the song you want to save. It will begin to shake, then tap the 'zip' button that pops up to make an archive of the whole song project. This is a single file zip archive that can be shared to someone/somewhere else.

To share this zipped archive, long-touch it and it will begin to shake, then tap the 'share' button that pops up (it looks like an up arrow) and all the iOS sharing options will be presented. You can use AirDrop to send it to another device/computer, or copy it to the iCloud folder for backup, send with email etc.

Hope this helps!

(Apologies I had to remove the links to your work, it's a little risqué for the age group multitrack targets on the app store)
Desiree

Re: Export w/ Tracks Separate

Post by Desiree »

No problem about the links, and thanks for your help! This app is perfect! \(^o^)/