pwnified - copy and paste...

New Features and requests for new features
Touchy

pwnified - copy and paste...

Post by Touchy »

Hi pwnified

Any chance you can add support for sonoma's copy/paste board?, so we can copy and paste multipul audio files at once. It would be a lot more usefull than intua's one file at a time.

Cheers
Touchy
pwnified

Re: pwnified - copy and paste...

Post by pwnified »

It's always difficult to balance simplicity with power. The reason it's using the intua format is just for that reason, to unify the copy/paste used internally in MultiTrack with the copy/paste used by external apps. So the mechanism to copy/paste internally (which I don't want to change), can also be used in another app to paste and it works. It's simple and easy to understand. If there is another layer for copy (to decide where to copy), and paste (to decide where to paste from) makes it much more complicated and obfuscates such a simple operation (at least internally).

It's possible that external copy/paste could be separated from the internal copy/paste, and use the sonoma format for the external and allow the use of the more powerful "database" type pasteboard that sonoma uses. That would require a separate function or button to distinguish between the two. To make a long story short, it's still undecided, but thanks for your input.
Touchy

Re: pwnified - copy and paste...

Post by Touchy »

Well i really hope you consider it.
For example, right now i am working with 4 loops and i will be copying them into nano studio, so that means copy the 1st loop. leave MTD, open NS, paste into there, close NS, open MTD copy the next loop, close MTD, open NS paste etc, and so on and so forth. as you can see this becomes very time consuming.

Mabey you could do something with the "shared" folder. you could for example select the regions on the track(s) you want to copy, and paste them as normal inside MDT into one track (bounce), but mabey there could also get placed inside the shared folder (at the same time you copy them) as seperate regions, and from there you could just copy them all at once and paste into your app of choise, that way you could still keep things separate and intact. If not the shared folder then just a "new folder". And the shared folder (or new folder) could have nothing to do with the internal copy/paste.
I guess i just said what you said about keeping the internal copy/paste separate form the "list type" copy/paste.
I hope you understand what i mean, i am not the best at explaining myself.

I also appreciate that you want to keep things simple and uniform, and that it might take alot of work/coding to implement.

Anyway like i said i hope you will consider it. And i am looking forward to all the new stuff in the next update sounds killer!

Cheers
Touchy
makwolven

faux delay

Post by makwolven »

Pwnified, congratulations... this new version is great. I listened to a guitar track I recorded and realized that by copy and pasting the track to a new one, I achieved a nice delay sound enriching the guitar.

1. Copy and paste the acoustic track or vocal to another track
2. I eq'd the original guitar track giving it some brightness and reducing some bottom mud
3. Offset the 2nd track slightly and reduced the volume till I got a hint of that track.
4. Instant depth on a mono track and achieved a third effect of a delay
Voila
easypete

Re: faux delay

Post by easypete »

makwolven wrote:Pwnified, congratulations... this new version is great. I listened to a guitar track I recorded and realized that by copy and pasting the track to a new one, I achieved a nice delay sound enriching the guitar.

1. Copy and paste the acoustic track or vocal to another track
2. I eq'd the original guitar track giving it some brightness and reducing some bottom mud
3. Offset the 2nd track slightly and reduced the volume till I got a hint of that track.
4. Instant depth on a mono track and achieved a third effect of a delay
Voila
I also use this method for delay. For vocals and some bass, I will copy the track and paste into either NanoStudio or Jasuto Pro to add reverb. Paste the reverb track back into MT, adding an offset for delay.