Wifi transfer introduces pops in audio

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Torehammar

Wifi transfer introduces pops in audio

Post by Torehammar »

Hello! I am having issues with the transfer of files. Depending on the quality of my wifi connection i get more or less frequent 0dBFS pops in the transfered wave file. In the original on my ipad everything seems fine.
I have tried transfering the same file multiple times with varying result, but no totally clean file. They are concert recordings so the stereo files are circa 1.5 GB.
Ipad Air2, latest app update IOS 15.7.9
pwnified

Re: Wifi transfer introduces pops in audio

Post by pwnified »

That's really strange, does it help to match the samplerate and download the Audio (not the track)? The 'Audio' section of the download screen is a straight copy of the the original audio in the song, so we can eliminate any mixdown issues. Mixdowns happen for track downloads. To match the samplerate, use the same samplerate in the Dropdown as what the project is set for, and select 'Linear PCM (.wav)' for the format. Doing this will ensure zero conversions on transfer. For example, if the song is 48 kHz, use these settings:
Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 2.13.22 PM.png
For songs this large, you might want to try a different method of transfer. If you can connect the iPad to the computer with the usb charging cable, you could use the Finder (mac) or iTunes (windows) to transfer the whole song. Then, the song itself will contain the raw wav files that you could dig out. I don't usually recommend doing this but it may help for this case.

Audio is transferred using http which is an error correcting protocol so this is really odd.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.