Anazing app, so what's next

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Re: Anazing app, so what's next

Post by pwnified »

THis is awesome. Thanks guys, I hope you don't mind if I use some of your quotes in some upcoming marketing. It really is an honor to be creating useful tools for musicians and seriously, the pleasure is all mine! And I want to hear some of the things you are working on!

Thanks,
Hamilton
genzo13

Post by genzo13 »

hey, i sorta scanned through the forums, but didn't notice if you had told us when you thought the next update may be available. sorry to be impatient, but just wondering if you have an idea when...dying to have a couple more of those features :)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

genzo13 wrote:hey, i sorta scanned through the forums, but didn't notice if you had told us when you thought the next update may be available. sorry to be impatient, but just wondering if you have an idea when...dying to have a couple more of those features :)
We're on schedule for an on-time release, version 1.1 should be available December. Which means I need to submit within the 2 weeks to get the review process going. Judging from the previous review times with apple I don't anticipate any delays, and version 1.1 wont be using ioLibrary so there shouldn't be any problems.
project52

Post by project52 »

Yay!!!!!

So pumped. I can't wait to blog the update.
Keith

Post by Keith »

What project52 said!
MusicMagic

Post by MusicMagic »

Agreed! Good to hear the update is on schedule. Thanks for your work on this.
genzo13

Post by genzo13 »

great! thanks so much. can't wait.
MusicMagic

Post by MusicMagic »

At some point, MultiTrack probably will need interfacing with external hardware not only for audio input, which another thread already recognizes, but also to access MultiTrack's functions more quickly in regular "at home" or "studio" use. Especially in mind here would be faders, solo/mute buttons, and so forth. In other words, we have to be thinking about a controller and USB interface, right? Of course, doing everything right there on the iPhone is the main deal, but not always will we be commuting on the train, flying on the plane, or sipping a drink on the beach. We will be at home and wanting to piddle around for fun for a while. A hardware controller with a USB interface would be the ticket. The connection could go straight through the iPhone's 30-pin dock to USB chord. Then, if the controller also had stereo microphone inputs as well, you would have killed two birds with one stone, solving another one of the initial difficulties with doing recording on the iPhone--audio input.

Well, have I ever got the solution for solving all of this in one fell swoop! The device has already been made! We're talking the new Zoom R16 Multitrack SD Recorder + Controller + Interface + Built-in Stereo Mics. Step right up. Buy yours today! Now, I know that the R16 as an example actually is a 16 track recorder itself, but you could get double use out of the device if the R16 also interfaced as a controller for MultiTrack on the iPhone. Really rad. Here is the URL:

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-ZOO-R16-LIST

Seriously, I am wondering out loud. Would not some hardware interface for MultiTrack simply have to be down the road? Look at how cumbersome just getting an audio signal in is, such that an entire thread has to be devoted to the topic on what devices work and what devices that should work do not. With some hardware inteface, then, if you really wanted to "MultiTrack" for a couple of hours at home, you could do so without so much virtual screening around on a tiny piece of real estate, and have precisely what you were working on available to you the next morning commuting on the train to work. Now that would be creativity really on the loose. OK. So, perhaps not the Zoom R16, but some type of hardware that provides a controller/interface just seems to be inevitably down the road. Maybe not. I just had nothing to do, piddling around again with MultiTrack, then saw the new Zoom R16 advertised on AMS, and the light bulbs started flashing--or are those my Christmas lights arcing out? Yikes! Gotta go!
MusicMagic

RSS feed?

Post by MusicMagic »

BTW--did I miss something, or does this site not have RSS feeds, such as to your email, to let you know when responses have been made to your postings, or at least to the thread? Sort of like Facebook?
MusicMagic

And so, as I was saying . . .

Post by MusicMagic »

Back from the arcing Christmas lights debacle. And so, as I was saying . . . here is the controller flowchart from the R16 manual: