Version 1.1 of MultiTrack

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Version 1.1 of MultiTrack

Post by pwnified »

Version 1.1 of MultiTrack has been submitted to apple for final approval.

Stereo Recording - up to 16 stereo or mono tracks
Metronome - never miss that beat again
Time Signatures - various musical time signatures
Ruler - shows where you are in the song
Snap - snaps the timebar to ruler lines
Punch in/out - automatically starts and stops recording
Auto Input - allows monitoring the track underneath until punch points

Support for erasing a track, switch for recording left or right channel of a stereo input onto a mono track, speaker/receiver selection switch

Bugfixes:
Firefox upload bug
Ability to playback with no input attached

Teaser screen shot:
primary.jpg
primary.jpg (121.07 KiB) Viewed 7178 times
MusicMagic

Re: Version 1.1 of MultiTrack

Post by MusicMagic »

This is great! Thanks! :D

Can't wait till Apple gets this online.
AusDisciple

Post by AusDisciple »

This looks like an awesome update!
Just curiuos, I noticed you mention 16 stereo or mono tracks. Does that mean 16 tracks that are stereo (32 channels) or 8 stereo tracks, each having two channels? Either way is cool but your wording has me curious ;)

screen shot looks great.
One more question. Can the bar / beat popup also show timecode?

Like MusicMagic, I can't wait for apple to make this update available.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, thats 16 stereo tracks (32 channels total), or 16 mono tracks (16 channels total), or any combination thereof. And when you hit the little left and right arrows on the popup, it toggles between timecode display (minutes/seconds/thousandths of a second), sample display, bars/beats/divisions/ticks display, and metronome settings (timesignature spinner/tempo spinner/click in play/record buttons). The ruler also switches between timecode and bars depending on what you last viewed on the popup.
AusDisciple

Post by AusDisciple »

Wow! This is truly revolutionary to have such an audio tool in my pocket!
So, for all intents and purposes, aside from the hardware limitations on inputs, this is the equivalent of TWO msr16's without the expense of buying reels of tape..... and it is on my PHONE!
unbelievable!
Like you, I'm originally from the days of editing with sticky tape and a razor blade and used to use an msr16.
Then I got ProTools and now we have the option of recording literally anywhere and importing to ProTools later on. Just awesome!

I hope Apple doesn't delay with this update!
project52

Post by project52 »

This is so awesome! Thank you for all of your hard work pwnified. I'm literally giddy.

I encourage everyone to vote for Harmonicdog as 2009's most innovative app on the Palm Sounds blog. Considering what this app has under the hood and how well it works, I don't see how there can be any question. I just hope that the word is starting to get out there.

Thanks again!
entasmiquity

Post by entasmiquity »

Well done! These features are will add some welcome fit and finish to an already fun and useful program. I can't wait to try out the new version!
jamsden

Post by jamsden »

Given punch in/out, any chance we could also get cut, copy and paste in some future release?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

jamsden wrote:Given punch in/out, any chance we could also get cut, copy and paste in some future release?
Yes, absolutely, we are going to release those features in Q1 2010 in MultiTrack 2.0, I can't wait to start working on it.
MusicMagic

Post by MusicMagic »

I so wanted non-destructive editing in the 1.1 update. At the moment, I have gotten a little hamstrung trying to use the app without editing capabilities. I have devised a few workarounds, but they are cumbersome. I am confident the longer timeframe to implement editing tools is necessary for having the quality, power, and yet user interface simplicity desired.

However, in the meantime, you certainly have left us with enough features once we get the 1.1 update to keep the natives preoccupied and distracted until the v2.0 arrives. The 32 channels chained to 16 stereo tracks is stunning, to say the least. :roll: