pwnified, how about a companion app?

New Features and requests for new features
Anorton

pwnified, how about a companion app?

Post by Anorton »

How about developing a companion effects app for MultiTrack where we can paste FULL track rails, add reverb/delay, etc. and copy and paste them back into MultiTrack? There doesn't seem to be one out there at the moment, and I think all of us (and others) would appreciate it.
beyond

Re: pwnified, how about a companion app?

Post by beyond »

If you happen to be using an iPad, You can do this with Sonoma's StudioTrack -- their new version 1.3 just added audio copy, which allows you to add their effects to a MultiTrack part, then copy the track back to MultiTrack.

Note that I haven't actually tried it yet, so I'm not sure if the added effects get added to the audio copy, it may just copy the dry track. i'll see if I can test it this weekend.

Granted, StudioTrack is pretty overpriced at $40 U.S., but it has some pretty nice effects.

iSequence for iPad from beep street also has some pretty nice effects, and they just enabled audio copy/paste into their sampler as well in their latest release.

Hope that helps...
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Thanks, but I'm using an iPod touch 3rd generation, a year old and already obsolete.
skiphunt

Post by skiphunt »

I've been using MixTikl to add effects. It has audio cut/paste and the effects travel along. Kinda awkward but it works.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Is there a limit on the size of regions you can copy and paste into MixTikl?
ccwilson

Post by ccwilson »

You can also use Ampkit now it has audio copy and paste. I have been very pleased with the results I have achieved copying a track into Ampkit, applying Reverb etc, copying the results back into Multitrack as a separate "wet" track and mixing the 2 tracks for optimum results. The great thing is that you still keep the original track intact for doing the job properly back on a Mac or PC. All this with the free version of Ampkit and no extra hardware required.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Great idea. I've been so excited about copying and pasting guitar tracks; I never thought about trying vocals. Thanks.