Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Jflex

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by Jflex »

I am a new member... I have a couple of questions.. i'm a dj.... can i record on the ipad using this software...from a mixer... and how? Please Help!!!
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

Just announced, an iPad Dock from Alesis. A larger version of its iPhone dock, which works well on an iPhone 3.
http://www.alesis.com/studiodock
beyond

Post by beyond »

fgrittner wrote:Just announced, an iPad Dock from Alesis. A larger version of its iPhone dock, which works well on an iPhone 3.
http://www.alesis.com/studiodock
Woah, this is huge! This is a potential game-changer if it does everything we think it should. It looks awesome, and it looks like they thought of nearly everything. All in a really nice design!

Wow, I want one... :mrgreen:
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

It does look well-thought out. However, unlike the ProTrack, you don't have the option of running it off batteries. You will have to have an AC outlet.
beyond

Post by beyond »

fgrittner wrote:It does look well-thought out. However, unlike the ProTrack, you don't have the option of running it off batteries. You will have to have an AC outlet.
I'm fine with that! no problem.

Sweetwater says available spring 2011, with a listed retail of $399, but they're offering it for $199:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StudioDock
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

That's a great price point, just a bit more than you will pay for a ProTrack today.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

I just saw a video on Harmony Central from the Alesis marketing person. At the end she noted you can run the iPad dock using AC or batteries. That is fantastic!
beyond

Post by beyond »

fgrittner wrote:I just saw a video on Harmony Central from the Alesis marketing person. At the end she noted you can run the iPad dock using AC or batteries. That is fantastic!
Awesome!
outbackyak

Post by outbackyak »

fgrittner wrote:I just saw a video on Harmony Central from the Alesis marketing person. At the end she noted you can run the iPad dock using AC or batteries. That is fantastic!
Can you post a link to that video, please? I've searched Harmony Central and I can't find it.

Thanks!
gmanni

Post by gmanni »

Hello all,
first off, nice app, easy to use and can't even believe that you can do all this on a phone :)

I tried to search the full thread but I can't find the info I'm looking for.
I'm trying to get a line in to my iphone 3gs to record in stereo from my mixing desk while rehearsing.
I looked everywhere and even the Belkin seems to mention only the ipod but not the iphone.
so first question would be if anyone has tried the Belkin TuneTalk with an iphone and if it works as line in.
the other question would be if anyone has tried to build successfully a line in dock connector.
again on the web I can only find ipod stuff but never mentioned the iphone.
here an interesting link which I'm trying to build but if the TuneTalk works with the iphone I may buy one of those rather than play with connection that may require some kind of component to work or prevent damage to the phone.

http://ipodfoo.blogspot.com/2009/06/mak ... -line.html

Anyone with this experience?
thank you in advance for any reply
G