Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
CherryRed

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by CherryRed »

Scot Solida wrote:My trip out to Guitar Center was revealing and ultimately somewhat successful. I tried a number of interfaces before settling on the Alesis MultiMix 4 USB, which was on sale for $79. It lacks MIDI, but the audio worked fine. It requires power from a wall wart.

Hi Scot,
Could I just ask you, whilst you were there did you try at the MultiMix 8 USB ? I'm in the market for something with more XLRs than the 4.
Thanks !
Scot Solida

Post by Scot Solida »

CherryRed wrote:
Scot Solida wrote:My trip out to Guitar Center was revealing and ultimately somewhat successful. I tried a number of interfaces before settling on the Alesis MultiMix 4 USB, which was on sale for $79. It lacks MIDI, but the audio worked fine. It requires power from a wall wart.

Hi Scot,
Could I just ask you, whilst you were there did you try at the MultiMix 8 USB ? I'm in the market for something with more XLRs than the 4.
Thanks !
Unfortunately, I did not try that one. I meant to, but didn't have time to get to it.
CherryRed

Post by CherryRed »

Thanks for replying Scot. I'm itching to pull the trigger on one, so, maybe I will and try it out.

Before i do however, pardon me for being ignorant but, did I read somewhere that the only USB audio devices that may work with the camera connection kit would have to be usb 1.1 devices, and that USB 2.0 devices won't work ? (I know about the current draw changes on 4.2 and the fact most likely any audio devices will need a wall wart, and that they need to be class compliant.) I've googled it and searched the forum here but can't seem to find any reference to this, so I'm beginning to wonder if I dreamed it ?
There seem to be USB 1.1 versions of the MultiMix 8 still floating about as well as the 2.0 versions if i didn't.
Scot Solida

Post by Scot Solida »

I'm not sure if USB 2.0 stuff will work or not. I've only tried USB 1.0 devices. There are a lot of things even in that category that don't seem to work properly, which is why I drove to another city to test things out before buying. Normally, I'd order online or go to a local store, but in this case, I wanted hands-on experience first.
CherryRed

Post by CherryRed »

I know the problem. I've got some stuff that works with the kit one minute then not the next. I guess that's the joy of unsupported Easter eggs.
ndebello

Post by ndebello »

Hi everybody!
This is just to confirm that the Korg Pandora PX5D works perfectly through the Camera Connection Kit of the iPad (with a powered hub).

As you may know, the PX5D can act as an audio interface via the USB.

I just recorded the PX5D internal drums, the Kaossilator connected to the PX5D input, and the guitar.

Hope this is of some interest!

Nick
Zapit

Post by Zapit »

Hi,

after upgrading to 4.2.1 I was suprised, that the Apogee One now works (thru a powered hub).

The interface (1-in / 2-out) has a great build-in mono condenser mic (external mic input or instrument input). But, the input (internal mic, external mic, instrument) has to be selected from a Mac via Apogee Maestro software, you cannot change it when it's connected to the iPad (the One will remember it's setting when disconnected). The One's big knob (output level, input level) works fine.

It also works in StudioTrack 1.3 .

Thomas
ubiquity

Post by ubiquity »

Hi,

could you please confirm does the Griffin iMic work through Camera Connector Kit with the iPad iOS 4.2.1 without a powered usb hub? Does it work with Multitrack? I tried to google this info but it was sort of hard to find anything solid.

Thanks,

Ubi
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Ubi,

Here's the link to page 1 of this thread. Scroll down to the iPad section:

http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic. ... =6&start=0
ubiquity

Post by ubiquity »

oh, there it is! great news, thanks!