Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
IK Multimedia

Re: Picture of the iRig guitar interface

Post by IK Multimedia »

jorgren wrote:Here you go.

Personally, I think the hardware looks promising, assuming they release it. The software, without record capability is just another me-too toy. But when they add recording and copy/paste, it'll make a nice sound source for your Multitrack DAW projects.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/features/
iRig.jpg
Thanks for posting that. They are in production and should be out very early July. If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer and definitely get them to someone who can if I cannot answer. The app will hit the app store in two days, so you can try it then with built-in audio files or an "easter egg" that will allow you to import your own direct samples to process.
jorgren

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by jorgren »

WindyCity, please post details about your cable! Inquiring minds want to know!

IK,
If you have incorporated the ability to process imported samples into your app (with audio copy/paste??) you really should NOT hide it under an easter egg!!! That is a killer feature you should be advertising loudly! Are you kidding me? What a perfect complement to Multitrack DAW!
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I've updated several entries above: Griffin GuitarConnect/iShred Live, Ground Up Audio cable and FX app, and Hosa USB.
IK Multimedia

Post by IK Multimedia »

jorgren wrote:WindyCity, please post details about your cable! Inquiring minds want to know!

IK,
If you have incorporated the ability to process imported samples into your app (with audio copy/paste??) you really should NOT hide it under an easter egg!!! That is a killer feature you should be advertising loudly! Are you kidding me? What a perfect complement to Multitrack DAW!
Well, it is mainly to jump start people before they have the adapter but I agree and I'm going to suggest it is well-documented and before/when we add recording to the app. That's the TOP request, along with slow-downer type functionality.

All three versions are available on the App Store now too, by the way. Thanks!

So get those dry tracks in by importing as directed, then holding the play button until the timer goes grey. At that point the selected track will then be routed through the gear.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

IK Multimedia wrote:So get those dry tracks in by importing as directed, then holding the play button until the timer goes grey. At that point the selected track will then be routed through the gear.
Nice, can't wait to try these effects. I would also like to encourage you to support copy/paste and multitasking. The copy/paste methodology is actually quite usable now that there is multitasking. It works way better than I had anticipated, almost instant app switching and all settings are retained between switches. Workflow is fast.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

jorgren wrote:I've updated several entries above: Griffin GuitarConnect/iShred Live, Ground Up Audio cable and FX app, and Hosa USB.
Thanks Jorgren!
Agent36

Post by Agent36 »

windycityspud wrote:Agent36

are you playing RiotFX amps&cabs both through the guitarbud cable? i noticed we are buying similar applications and rating them completely opposite and im confused why our opinions are so different on these applications... it must be our direct input interfaces...

im using a home-made impedance buffering cable that is shielded with DC blocking.

if youre using the guitarbud cable, are you experiencing tone sucking?

i felt riotfx's signal was far too hot, but you didn't mention that in your review...
Your custom cord coud be making all the difference, riot fx is not running to hot for me, guitars could be way different as well. so........... just my opinion, it's not the end all. i think amps&cabs lacks any diferentiation between tones, whereas riotfx has noticable deffereces in tones. the distortion seems only to be comining from the maxing out of the signal in amps and cabs. but different strokes for different folks. it it works for you then thats great, maybe when the irig comes out it will change my mind and the review will reflect that.

Dont be concerned about me if it works for you.

cheers
Agent36

Re: Connecting your guitar

Post by Agent36 »

jorgren wrote:Here's a good discussion on the subject:

http://www.easylearn2playguitar.com/rec ... d-or-ipad/

It also includes the first photo I've seen of the simple KVCOnnections cable (KV neglects this on their site), which I am ordering for general purpose experimentation. I've attached the photo here.
iphonetoguitar-kvconnections[1].png
Let me know how it treats you, i've been out of hand on the gear purchaces, i might be saving for the heavy hitter audio six interface. nut if that works well, i'll picj one up too.
Agent36

Re: USB Guitar Cables

Post by Agent36 »

jorgren wrote:EDIT: Per an email from HOSA, the HOSA cable does offer 44.1 KHz recording, and therefore should be compatible with Multitrack DAW and other popular apps.

Here is an option that should work with all the iPxxx devices (even the audio-challenged iPad). I will post updates as they arrive, for example I don't know that every device works at 44.1 KHz sample rate, mandatory for our platform. Any of these will require the Camera Kit.

Lightsnake USB Instrument Cable – STUSBG10
http://www.soundtech.com/products/home- ... /stusbg10/
LightsnakeUSBGuitarCable.png
Alesis GuitarLink USB Audio Interface Cable
http://alesis.com/guitarlink
AlesisUSBGuitarCable.jpg
Hosa 1/4 In USB Guitar Cable
http://www.hosatech.com/product/0/USQ-1 ... A%2C_10_ft
HosaUSBGuitarCable.jpg
target has a one of these usb to 1/4 as well in the music section, but i'm trying to figure out how to route it, i stared at one for ten minutes today, trying to brainstorm, and i just figured it could work for the ipad, am i missing something, i know they ttansfer data both ways, so maybe keyboards, our somnthing?
Agent36

Post by Agent36 »

jorgren wrote:WindyCity, please post details about your cable! Inquiring minds want to know!

IK,
Its wifi :(