Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
pwnified

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by pwnified »

Anorton wrote: Hey pwnified, feel like developing a guitar app? I emailed Intua with same request, but haven't heard from them.
Funny you should say that, It's something I've always thought about. I worked at Mesa/Boogie for almost 10 years and did a couple of engineering designs and was directly involved with "toning" amps a couple times. Doing a really good tube simulation with low CPU usage is definitely a fun project. Got a lot on the plate with Multitrack effects but at some point... yes.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

I am sure a pwnified guitar app would quickly become the guitar app. But I'd hate to see his resources split that way.

I have written to the Ampkit folks and asked them to add copy/paste. Since they already have recording, it should be pretty easy for them. I encourage my fellow Multitrack guitarists to do the same.
dstole

Post by dstole »

Hello from Japan.

I just found this interface working with and ipad, iphone, amplitube, and Multitrack DAW.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT7dIHBwGaQ

it's the cakewalk (also Edirol) UA-1G.
The video shows the user recording stereo tracks only, so I wonder if this has something to do with his set up or the interface is forcing this.

Anyway, I just purchased Multitrack today and am eager to play around with it more.
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Dstole,

Welcome to the forum. The Cakewalk can handle a mono input, but it will convert the signal to a stereo output of identical left and right channels.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I think the amplitube stuff can output an actual stereo signal (using a chorus for example). But MultiTrack can also force a mono signal by taking either the left or right side only. Use the input fader and there's left and right enable buttons (but they only show up with a stereo mic plugged in).
beyond

Post by beyond »

dstole wrote:Hello from Japan.

I just found this interface working with and ipad, iphone, amplitube, and Multitrack DAW.

The video shows the user recording stereo tracks only, so I wonder if this has something to do with his set up or the interface is forcing this.

Anyway, I just purchased Multitrack today and am eager to play around with it more.
This may be the piece I've been looking for. Ordered it, will see how it goes for line in guitar, keyboard, bass, drums, etc. :)
beyond

Post by beyond »

pwnified wrote:
Anorton wrote: Hey pwnified, feel like developing a guitar app? I emailed Intua with same request, but haven't heard from them.
Funny you should say that, It's something I've always thought about. I worked at Mesa/Boogie for almost 10 years and did a couple of engineering designs and was directly involved with "toning" amps a couple times. Doing a really good tube simulation with low CPU usage is definitely a fun project. Got a lot on the plate with Multitrack effects but at some point... yes.
Sooooo, if effects are in the works, I have to ask -- How are things going so far? :)
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

Hey pwnified,

I have developed some awesome FX on the Reaktor platform. In particular, I'd be willing to share my reverb, which is exceptionally open and spacious. Let me know if I can be of help.
beyond

Post by beyond »

beyond wrote:
dstole wrote:Hello from Japan.

This may be the piece I've been looking for. Ordered it, will see how it goes for line in guitar, keyboard, bass, drums, etc. :)
OK, got it, and initial tests are VERY GOOD. Did a guitar going straight in through the 1/4" jack, and it seems to sound *really* good, and there appears to be NO notable latency, at least none that I could detect. 16/44.1, AND IT HAS REALTIME MONITORING!!!!!!!

With this and the Blue Yeti and the camera connection kit, you've got Mic in, and line in. Add that to audio copy/paste, and you've got a full arsenal.

Let the creating begin. :mrgreen:
M57

Post by M57 »

OK, got it, and initial tests are VERY GOOD. Did a guitar going straight in through the 1/4" jack, and it seems to sound *really* good, and there appears to be NO notable latency, at least none that I could detect. 16/44.1, AND IT HAS REALTIME MONITORING!!!!!!!

With this and the Blue Yeti and the camera connection kit, you've got Mic in, and line in. Add that to audio copy/paste, and you've got a full arsenal.

Let the creating begin. :mrgreen:
So you can monitor through the Yeti, but what happens to the headphone output on the iPad? Does it still work, or is it disabled? -M