Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
moogplayer

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by moogplayer »

So the Zed-10FX does work? This interests me, especially becuase of the built-in efx. Thinking up possibilities!
dstole

Post by dstole »

Moogplayer
My undemanding is that it does work...it better, I exchanged my Alesis for one yesterday. Am hoping to play with it this evening.
moogplayer

Post by moogplayer »

Awesome -- please post results!
crowdies

Post by crowdies »

I am still confused how to get a stereo mic signal in to DAW. I am torn between the Roland Cakewalk interface (UA - 1G) and the Behhringer (UCA -222) in combo with the camera kit. I have a Sony Stereo mic ECM MS907 which has a great sound. I used to use it with my now dead Sony mini disc recorder. I at least want to be able to get a reasonable stereo band rehearsal recording. Does anyone know if either of the above interfaces will allow a stereo input?

regards
John
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Actually I'll make your decision easy for you: Do not get the Behringer. I've been doing some extended testing with it and came across an anomaly. Every so often (like every minute or so) the Behringer UCA 222 will insert a glitch into the audio stream. It looks like a piece of the signal in the wrong place, slightly out of phase and sounding like a loud "pop". I'm going to remove the Behringer from the supported list and place it in the "doesn't work" list. It's too bad because other than that, it sounds pretty good and is really cheap. Apologies for not doing a more extensive test with this product.
Gary Stone

Post by Gary Stone »

Hello all,

This is my first post so let me start by saying what a great app this is! I love it! I've read all these posts and almost glossed over the fact that the Zoom H4n works with MT on the iPad with the Camera Connection Kit. And boy, does it ever! I got into the whole iPad recording thing strictly for demos, so my sound quality requirements aren't through the room by any means, but I'm seriously impressed.

Thanks for a great app! And if you're still looking for an interface that just works, the Zoom H4n is pretty awesome. It has some effects and some amp sims as well. It can take XLR and 1/4" inputs.

I feel lucky that I had one for my DSLR laying around.

Happy tracking!

Gary
Plaiddog

Post by Plaiddog »

Hi, just bought the Ipad Multitrack Softwate 2.0.8 and I have the apple USB adaptor. I have a Blue Snowball mic and I can't seem to get it to work. would anyone know if it will work with the APP? does it show up on somewhere? I do see the power indicator light is on the mic, but I'm hoping I just missed a selection activation or switch.

Thanks in advance.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

After contacting with Blue it is confirmed that the snowball does not work with the iPad. So far it's just the Yeti as far as Blue Microphones goes.
Plaiddog

Post by Plaiddog »

Thanks for the word. Cheers.
crowdies

Post by crowdies »

pwnified wrote:Actually I'll make your decision easy for you: Do not get the Behringer. I've been doing some extended testing with it and came across an anomaly. Every so often (like every minute or so) the Behringer UCA 222 will insert a glitch into the audio stream. It looks like a piece of the signal in the wrong place, slightly out of phase and sounding like a loud "pop". I'm going to remove the Behringer from the supported list and place it in the "doesn't work" list. It's too bad because other than that, it sounds pretty good and is really cheap. Apologies for not doing a more extensive test with this product.
Thanks for the advice. I have now got the UA-1G. I am still having problems getting the Ipad to recognise it though. It is powering up (by putting a Belkin powered USB in between (otherwise I get the 'this accessory uses too much power message) but the input is still from the internal ipad mic. Anything I am missing? The camera kit is not faulty as it will accept a card reader for example, on the USB adaptor.
regards
John