Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
kana

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by kana »

It helps also to mute the input and turn down all gains in case your microphone features hardware buttons/knobs for those purposes.
What definitely works is to put a powered USB hub in the middle so that the iPad does not need to provide thepower for the external mic.

Kana
Keith

Post by Keith »

I spent some time with the Yeti/iPad combo yesterday. The sound is quite good. However not being able to turn the live source off and only listen through MT is a deal breaker for me. What are all of you Yeti users doing? Am I missing something? I've got a message into Blue to see if there is an easy mod to defeat the mic monitor.
jkevinwolfe

Post by jkevinwolfe »

Keith,

I monitor everything through the headphone amp on the Yeti and use the Mute button to kill the mic. It's a seamless workflow for me.
Keith

Post by Keith »

That's not what I'm talking about. If you mute the mic you can't record the mic. I want to stop the doubling of sound of the mic direct to the headphone listening to the mic through MT otherwise you hear the live mic and the delayed mic from running through MT. That live sound with the delayed sound makes recording and overdubbing not good.
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Keith, have you tried going into Settings and lowering the buffer length? For me, with a low length like 128 or 64, the delay (and thus the doubling effect) is nearly imperceptible.
JPJP

Post by JPJP »

I use my BEHRINGER U-CONTROL UCA202 for recording and I hear the sound by the UCA202 for playback. It's work very well. I don't know why the other model 222 don't work.
Keith

Post by Keith »

I did have the buffer at 64 it's like a 10 ms delay. If I can mod the Yeti to mute the direct mic, which should be easy if it's in the analog circuit, I could use this setup on records. Bs anyone looked at the inside of the Yeti?

It's getting closer everyday.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Keith wrote: I want to stop the doubling of sound of the mic direct to the headphone listening to the mic through MT otherwise you hear the live mic and the delayed mic from running through MT.
What about using only the direct monitoring on the yeti and disabling the software monitoring on MT? (in the menu, uncheck "input monitor")
Keith

Post by Keith »

That could work provided the pan is in the middle or hard left or right and the track fader and master fader equal to unity. I'm waiting to hear back from the schematic guy at Blue.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ah yes, multitracks input monitoring is certainly more flexible. Let us know if you figure out a hard bypass for the hardware monitoring.