Input options and microphones

How to use MultiTrack DAW
pwnified

Re: Input options and microphones

Post by pwnified »

Looks like a nice interface. It's funny though, the marketing for the product claims 24 bit, but it only has 102db dynamic range (which is a little more than 17 bit). Of course no one can claim true 24 bit, but come on!
Rainville

Post by Rainville »

Hi, I figured this related to microphones so I'm posting in here instead of creating new topic...

I own a Sony PCM-D50 recorderr which has some pretty good microphones attached to it. It can monitor sound even when not recording (via headphone jack/line out).

Is there any way I could use this device's microphone with Multitrack DAW?

I have an iRig coming in the mail soon, so I suppose I could simply get an audio cable running from the headphone jack on my sony recorder to the iRig, to the iPad. But is there any other (better?) way?

This is the device in question:
http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/product-PCMD50
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I dont see why not, the iRig has pretty flat frequency response and a high impedance input, but it's only mono. It might even be possible to use the Camera Connector Kit with that device and use it as a general usb audio device.
makwolven

Blue Mikey V2

Post by makwolven »

Hi, I just received my Blue Mikey V2 and plugged it into my iphone 3G... added a new track then thinking I needed another track I added another. I found out each track becomes stereo with this input. Works great but had to reinitialize the program when the record function was enabled and it defaulted to mono input. I just armed another track and it behaved into a stereo track with dual meters for the track.
I couldn't be more pleased with the new acquisition and will be recording my band for a live video session with this setup. I must add that using the default iphone microphone (not with the earbuds) yielded nice sketchpad results. I discovered my 3 year old was accompanying me on her toy piano while recording and the sound is a great tinkling sound in the background. Fun stuff. Again, great program in its simplicity and execution.
regards.
Mak
Keith

High pitched hum with USB

Post by Keith »

I just received my second ART dual mic pre and it also has this high pitched hum. I also noticed this with the Yeti. This is happening when monitoring iPad and there is an application with an audio input available. Audio out only does not cause the hum. How has anyone else got past this? This sound does not usually record.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It might be a ground loop. I get that when plugging in the doc usb at the same time as audio wires to the iPad, you can hear a bunch of digital noise coming from the iPad.
jorgren

Post by jorgren »

jkevinwolfe, I'm surprised to see your report on the TuneTalk. I have recorded my Kaossilator through mine and the sound was pristine. I had automatically assumed I'd need to do some noise reduction, but I ended up not finding any noise and used the recordings as-is.
banjomanjeff

Post by banjomanjeff »

Anyone have any luck using the Audio-Technica AT2020? Can't seem to get it to work with Multitrack DAW (works fine with a few other apps...)

Thanks!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

the AT2020 says in the description that it can support 44.1k at 16 bit, so there should be no problem with it working with Multitrack if it works with other apps. Maybe try rebooting the iPad and pluging in the mic before you start MultiTrack?
musicman100

Post by musicman100 »

Hello All I discovered this DAW software for my IPAD, and I haven't DL it yet , since I have been trying various combination's of USB devices with the camera kit for compatibility.

SO far I have found the Edirol UA-700 seems to work on playback of IPOD stuff.Haven t tried recording through it yet, but the input section has LO-Z , Hi _Z and all kinds of FX . Of course,that means you print the FX on the recorded tracks, but , since there are no FX currently in the software it seems a workable solution.

I will post back my findings on recording through it. BTW it is powered from a wall wart, so its not a true portable solution, but as a tabletop DAW solution it will work for me

Just wanted to share