Anyone Try MultiTrack on iPad?

New Features and requests for new features
pwnified

Re: Anyone Try MultiTrack on iPad?

Post by pwnified »

Well, copy / paste is still the only way to share directly between apps so that's not going away anytime soon. But the Wifi server's days are numbered. I agree, it is very frustrating when things keep changing out from under you. We'll see how useful the whole "dragging files into a shared folder on the desktop" approach is.
Trombophonic

Post by Trombophonic »

I got my camera connection kit today, so I'm going to Guitar Center tomorrow to try out the M-audio fast track pro. Has anyone else tried it yet? Anything I should try or watch out for? I'll report my experience with it.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It should supposedly "just work", as long as the the audio device doesn't draw more than 100ma, more than that and you'll need to use a powered USB hub. It'd be great to know if it works, I haven't heard any reports of it actually working :lol:
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Good News!! Multitrack works beautifully with the Blue Yeti USB microphone (via the Camera connection kit). Although this mic is quite large, the sound quality is excellent and it has some unique features that make it especially well suited for iPad multitracking:

• It has USB in AND out! There's a headphone jack on the mic body that simultaneously plays the iPad output as well as the sound being recorded. This solves the #1 problem of using the iPad for multitrack recording
• It has separate gain and volume controls so you can adjust the input level effectively as well as create a good headphone mix while you record.

Best of all, it sounds fantastic and didn't suck my battery life. I recorded for hours today and only used 20% of my iPad juice.

http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/
http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones- ... B002VA464S
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

I am picking up my camera kit at FedX this morning (delivery email said next Tuesday but driver showed up yesterday while I was at work.) I ordered a Yeti and it comes Tuesday--it has stereo mics and all polar patterns in mono. The other features mentioned in the last post are pluses. Also, you can take it off the desk stand and thread it into a mic stand.

I got a Shure USB adapter to test. I will see if it works with the iPad today.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Question. Does anyone know if the camera kit will pass audio in and out of a touch or phone?
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

I've tried the camera kit on both a 3G running 4.0b2 and a 3Gs running 3.1.2. In both cases I got the message "iPhone does not support this accessory". I'm really hoping that will change in the final 4.0, but it may be that they've decided to disallow it because of power issues.
Keith

Post by Keith »

Thanks for the quick response. When your trying out interfaces, try an Apogee Duet. You will need a FireWire to USB adapter. It is supposed to work without drivers.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

The Shure USB mic adapter does not work with the iPad without a powered hub.
fgrittner

Post by fgrittner »

I know the Duet is Firewire class compliant. Is it possible to make it USB class compliant simply by plugging it into a USB adapter? If so, it would need a powered hub I am guessing.