Recording

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Fatchance

Recording

Post by Fatchance »

Help!!!  I'm in over my head. I have never owned or used any kind recording system. When I  purchased the behringer UCA202, the camera connection kit, and the MT DAW app I thought with this system I could plug into any unit that has an RCA in/out and have a recorder able to record 24 tracks and 4-8 tracks simultaneous. Last night I wanted to start recording my band.  I would use the behringer UCA202 to plug into my behringer PA heads RCA in/out and then my iPad hoping that I could record 8 tracks simultaneous but would be OK with only getting 4. It's very possible that I set things up wrong or just don't know how to use the MT DAW app very well but I could only  figure out how to record 1channel at a time  also the vocals were thin and so soft you could almost not hear them. Not what I was hoping for.
 Any help or advise on what I need to buy or do different to be able to record my band?
pwnified

Re: Recording

Post by pwnified »

The Behringer UCA202 is a stereo line in/out device and doesn't include preamps as far as I know so you'll need at least a preamp, if it's not a line level signal going in. You wont be able to record more than 2 channels simultaneously with that hardware either, for that see the threads on the Lexicon Omega or the Tascam US-800.