Ipad Input Inquiries

How to use MultiTrack DAW
peterson

Ipad Input Inquiries

Post by peterson »

I'm having an issue with my iDevices not cooperating. I am trying to run my guitar thru an iRig into my iPhone with the AmpKit+ App. From there, I am using an 1/8" monster cable from the line out on the iRig to the Headphone/Line in jack on my iPad2.

(Telecaster)-->[iPhone/iRig]-->|iPad2/MultiTrack|

When I plug headphones into the iRig, everything is working, and I can hear my guitar loud and clear. When I use the patch cable from the iRig to the iPad, the iPad continues to use the built in microphone to pick up the ambient room sounds.

Do I not have MultiTrack configured to properly detect my guitar/iRig?

Is it my patch cable? I use it all the time to go iRig to speakers.

Will MultiTrack do what I want it to, or am I going to need a recording interface before the iPad?
Just your average music teacher...

Iphone 4 w/ iRig, AmpKit+
Ipad 2 w/ Daw MultiTrack

Bill Nash Custom T-52 Telecaster
Fender P-Bass
1960's 4 piece Ludwig kit w/ 9000 cymbals
pwnified

Re: Ipad Input Inquiries

Post by pwnified »

The headset input on the iPad you are trying to use is actually a 4 conductor mini jack, and needs the right type of circuit to get it to function as an input. You'll need a recording interface in front of the iPad, see the input options thread for some iPad solutions.
peterson

Re: Ipad Input Inquiries

Post by peterson »

That's what I figured. Well, the Tascam US-800 was on sale for $99.00, so I went for that. Can't wait till tomorrow to play around with it! Thanks.
Just your average music teacher...

Iphone 4 w/ iRig, AmpKit+
Ipad 2 w/ Daw MultiTrack

Bill Nash Custom T-52 Telecaster
Fender P-Bass
1960's 4 piece Ludwig kit w/ 9000 cymbals