Feature Request - Input Monitoring

New Features and requests for new features
BobGilmore

Feature Request - Input Monitoring

Post by BobGilmore »

I am running a Behringer XENYX X1204USB into the iPad via the Camera Connection Kit. It would be ideal if you could use the iPad headphone jack for input monitoring when the camera connection kit is connected. I'm not sure if it's an apple thing or a programming issue with the app. The other option would be enabling the iPad USB to send the signal back to the mixer and monitor that way. I know when using an actual computer the USB on the mixer is 2 way for this reason.

I've seen posts saying to use a Blue Yeti with built in input monitoring. That is well and good for some people, but the reason I bought the mixer is for the flexibility for connecting instruments.

Any assistance or information would be greatly appreciated

Thank You,

Bob
pwnified

Re: Feature Request - Input Monitoring

Post by pwnified »

A couple of ways. First you should be able to turn off monitoring on the usb hardware, and turn on software monitoring in MultiTrack (from the menu), this will allow you to have fx while monitoring.

You should also be able to plug headphones (not headset with mic) into the iPad after connecting usb device and an 'aggregate device' will be created. It should be half the usb device (the input section) and half the ipad (the output section). Make sure to use headphones, not headset with mic, because the mic on the headset will override the usb input. This is how it's supposed to work anyway, we haven't tried that exact hardware. But at least the first method should work as long as the usb device is full duplex.
BobGilmore

Post by BobGilmore »

Unfortunately plugging the headphones in disables the USB. I am using standard headphones without a microphone and still no luck. I will try to disable the USB from the source.
BobGilmore

Post by BobGilmore »

pwnified,

Do you have any thoughts on why Multitrack is recognizing my standard headphones as a microphone/headphone??

I have since purchased an adapter from KV Connections to enable me to monitor while tracking, but this is still not ideal due to the bleed across tracks while using the 1/8" input on the iPad. I would really like to utilize the USB input on the iPad. From what I've read this helps significantely with the bleeding from track to track.