Yeti sample rate incompatibility

How to use MultiTrack DAW
llamaman

Yeti sample rate incompatibility

Post by llamaman »

There was a thread related to my question 9/'10 - I'm getting the "wrong samplerate" message when I try to use my Yeti. Yes, the Yeti's sample rate is 48, and apparently Multitrack requires(?) 41.1; yet people seem to be getting these two to play together - so why can't I? Thanks in advance. It's an original Yeti, just bought it new, original iPad with newest iOS, and am using the iPad camera connection kit.
pwnified

Re: Yeti sample rate incompatibility

Post by pwnified »

The Yeti should also support 44.1 in hardware, there shouldn't be a problem connecting as long as a powered hub is used. Unfortunetly I'm away from my yeti so I can't test it on 5.0.1, what version of iOS are you running? I wouldn't be surprised if that broke too with 5.0.1, can someone else test out a yeti? If not I can take a look in about a week.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

I'm using the Yeti with iPad 2, CCK, and a "Belkin 2.0 4-port USB white" powered hub. It's working fine with iOS 5.0.1.
llamaman

Post by llamaman »

iOS 5.0.1 - I'm also using that same white Belkin hub Anorton mentions, but unpowered - it worked insofar as I wasn't getting that ipad message about the mic drawing too much power, so I figured I was good to go. I'll certainly try plugging in the hub, but I wouldn't have thought that would solve this problem...
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Yes, you have to power the hub.
llamaman

Post by llamaman »

Powering the hub did it. Still can't understand what that had to do with the sampling rate message, but for the first time, it all seems to be working fine. (I had another problem before updating the iOS to 5.0.1.)

Thank you :-)