need help : volume variation

How to use MultiTrack DAW
jacq

need help : volume variation

Post by jacq »

Hello
first : english is not my first langage - but i will try to make me understand ;)

i have one question and one problem :

1. question : is it possible to make vary the volume of a track inside it ? i mean, in other sofware like Mixcraft, Adobe Audition etc ... you can manipulate "handles" inside the track and vary the volume + or - on different sections. I tryed it in MTD by cutting the track but the big round handles only can be used to fade in or out. or do i miss something ?

2. Problem : when i listen to a finalised (and mastered) outputted song the volume is always the same. that means that if there is only one instrument playing his volume is very hard and "overdriven" :oops: and when another or the other instruments enters the volume of the first one decreases and the overdriven sound desapears - this is very annoying, espacially with bass sounds
you can hear it here in the third part of the song (+/- 3min.) : http://jacq.bandcamp.com/track/struggle

thank you for the answers
otherwise, this is a very nice app :D
pwnified

Re: need help : volume variation

Post by pwnified »

1. question : is it possible to make vary the volume of a track inside it ?
Not currently.
2. Problem : when i listen to a finalised (and mastered) outputted song the volume is always the same.
It sounds like there is too much compression on the master fx. You might try adding a compressor on the track for the bass, and then bring down the master compressor.
jacq

Re: need help : volume variation

Post by jacq »

many thanks ;)