DAW Multitrack with Wireless Speaker

How to use MultiTrack DAW
giraut

DAW Multitrack with Wireless Speaker

Post by giraut »

Just got this app and am liking it a lot, but I'm hitting a snag. When I try to play back what I've recorded through the iPad onboard speaker, everything's fine. But I'd like to use my wireless speaker because the audio is so much better, and when I set it up in preferences as the speaker of choice and start DAW MT, I get the following message: "Audio subsystem failed. Please restart!" I've tested this over and over, and every time I turn off the wifi speaker so that the iPad switches to its onboard speaker, the app works fine, no error message.

So: Is this app unable for some reason to function when I'm using an external wireless speaker?

thanks,
Giraut
pwnified

Re: DAW Multitrack with Wireless Speaker

Post by pwnified »

Is it bluetooth? Bluetooth is not supported due to low bandwidth and latency issues.
giraut

Post by giraut »

Yes, it is bluetooth. I've just discovered that if I unplug my USB microphone from the iPad, the speaker works fine. So the USB mic and the bluetooth speaker both work -- just not when they're both plugged in at the same time.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Hmm, that probably has something to do with the latency differences of the audio buffers. Bluetooth uses very large buffers (highly latent), so the Apple aggregate device doesn't support combining the two.