Pre-count

New Features and requests for new features
DerekBuddemeyer

Pre-count

Post by DerekBuddemeyer »

First off...excellent app!!! One thing..maybe add a 4 count click prior to recording?
Anorton

Re: Pre-count

Post by Anorton »

After opening a song, tap the tab in upper left corner until it changes to time signature, beats per minute (it'll look something like this: 4/4 85.0. You can tap the beats per minute to adjust and then tap "click in play" or "click in record". There's your count in and click track.
boone51

Post by boone51 »

I would like to second this request. I frequently find that it would be great to have a count in. I don't see where the suggestion to turn on "click in play" or "click in record" gives me a way to get a count in before the beginning of the song. Please explain how it will do this if it does. It's probably me that's being thick.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

I set it for click in record, hit record and start playing after 3, 4, 6, or 8 (whatever works with your time signature) clicks of the metronome. That means you have a few seconds of empty space at the beginning of your recording, but you can use snap on each track if there's too much empty space.
boone51

Post by boone51 »

Yeah, I did the region and punched in after 2 bars and it worked like a charm. It was a real face-palm moment for me, I'll tell you. Thanks.