Idea for future update: select all beyond transport bar

New Features and requests for new features
offthesky

Idea for future update: select all beyond transport bar

Post by offthesky »

i must admit, this app has become a flagship for me when making mobile music... and the new reverb is the best, most warm sounding i've found of any app on the ipad yet! hopefully one day there'll be more cool effects built in (especially since the new ipad's will have quad processors!)

one idea for helping to improve compositional efficiency in a future version of this app: for any body who's created half a song with allot of regions then realizes... oh wait i need to add some empty space to the beginning to insert an intro; or somewhere in the middle of the song i need 4 new measures for a breakdown or whatever. i guess currently you have to manually tap/select all the regions of a song from whatever point-on, then tap/hold to choose the "move" option. all this selecting ends up being a ton of work - plus if you accidentally mis-select somewhere, the entire selection goes away!

it would be super if there was a "select all beyond the transport line" type feature... like tap/hold in the rounded square in the middle of the transport line(or tap/hold in an empty section of the song?)... to have an option box pop-up... then once everything is automatically selected beyond the bar, it would be easy to just move the entire song down the line X number of measures...

anyway i feel that when writing a song from scratch or just sketching out ideas that you want to turn into a song, it's nearly impossible to determine from the get-go how many parts to have as the intro or how many measures should bridge b be? so obviously it would be great if there was some kind "select all from this point on" kind of function to allow for new ideas to be easily inserted into a song during the creation process...

would this feature be hard to implement?
offthesky

Re: Idea for future update: select all beyond transport bar

Post by offthesky »

also, even if mass-selections were added to the undo list, that would be a huge help! there's nothing more frustrating than having to try and re-select 40+ regions several times ;]
Stratmover

Re: Idea for future update: select all beyond transport bar

Post by Stratmover »

YES! This is what I have asked for as well. A select all per track. I was told it would be worked on. Still killing me that I can't do this. Especially as new products come out. Eg. Garage band has some good features now. Audio and midi in one DAW. But I still really like to work in MULTITRACK DAW. I was just working on in MULTITRACK and wanted to move the tracks of my project over to another app to add some rhythm and midi instr and was disheartened when I realized I was going to have to select region by region for ech track. Later I would copy everything back to MULTITRACK to finalize.