Jailbreak Compatibility

How to use MultiTrack DAW
chrisboy2000

Jailbreak Compatibility

Post by chrisboy2000 »

Hello everybody,

is there anybody out there running Multitrack on a jailbroken phone? If yes, please post the model and firmware.

I just payed 8 bucks to see that the app won't start on my 3GS with 3.13.
pwnified

Re: Jailbreak Compatibility

Post by pwnified »

This is the first time I've heard of a jailbroken iPhone having the problem, before that is was only the jailbroken iPad, and always with Winterboard and particularly mobilesubstrate. On the iPad, uninstalling winterboard and mobile substrate gets it working.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

More information on this. A users has reported a fix (on iPad). The current version of mobile substrate is buggy, so it needs to be downgraded to version "mobilesubstrate_0.9.3209-1_iphoneos-arm.deb". Please use google for more information about downgrading mobile substrate.

I can't provide support on jailbreaks, and jailbreaking in general has it's own set of risks, so please proceed with caution and please don't rate multitrack down in the app store if it doesn't work on your jailbreak! I have NEVER added any code that would prevent MultiTrack from running on a jailbroken device.

Continued MultiTrack development depends on good ratings on the App Store, and it seriously hurts sales when there are bad reviews, for something that is totally out of my control. Thanks for listening.
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

I wrote to saurik (Jay Freeman), the author of mobile substrate about this incompatibility quite awhile back, but haven't heard back from him.

Maybe if he got feedback from a few other folks, he'd consider fixing it.

In the meantime, I can confirm that downgrading to the earlier version of mobile substrate works fine.
hessenmusik

Post by hessenmusik »

same Probs ... downgrading mobilsubstrate ... helps for me.
after cydia update last days ...multitrack crashes ... now its back again.

-download older MS from http://apt.saurik.com/debs/
-SSH transfer it on pod
-install/downgrade with free version of ifinder(saves you from typing a lot of letters)

bg hessenmusik
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Since so many Cydia apps automatically upgrade MobileSubstrate as part of their installation, I just have left a copy of the older version of the .deb in the root of my phone and iPad. Then anytime I need to downgrade, it's as simple as launching iFile and using it to do the job. No Cydia or internet connection needed.
Steffest

Post by Steffest »

Thanks for the tips!
I got Multitrack DAW working again on my jailbroken ipad after downgrading Mobile substrate.
Phew!
Photonbeam

Post by Photonbeam »

Downgrading Mobile Substrate solved my problems as well. iPhone 3GS 3.1.3. BTW- If you have a jailbroken device there is an app called Backgrounder that allows you to play an instrument app while recording it with Multitrack on the same device at the same time! Works great.
McGilli

Post by McGilli »

Finally got it done! works great. Now I can get my $10 worth! Time to hook up the turntables/dj mixer through an imic!