frozen/unresponsive track

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

frozen/unresponsive track

Post by Anorton »

I've been importing guitar tracks from Ampkit to my computer and sending them to the song's bin in MultiTrack via wifi.

I've done been successful on three previous tracks, but encountered a problem on the fourth.

After copying the track from the bin, getting some levels (volume, muting, etc.), I noticed a split second of guitar noise that shouldn't have been there. I flushed the caches, and now the last guitar track I pasted from the bins is frozen. The track is totally unresponsive to any touches or taps. The good news is that the guitar sound is gone!

Any suggestions?
Anorton

Re: frozen/unresponsive track

Post by Anorton »

OK, I restarted my iPod touch and nothing changed. After I typed my last post, I tried it again and it works fine.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

So are you all good now? Can you tell me if the "glitch" was in the middle of a region, or was it right where the region ends?
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Actually, I went in to listen again later on and he track was frozen again. I needed to make some changes to it anyway and, after it decided to respond again, I deleted the entire track, opened a "new" track, and pasted the updated guitar track. No problems on the new track. If, by "glitch," you mean that split second of guitar, I honestly don't remember where it was happening. If there's a next time, I'll pay closer attention and let you know.
Signalversusnoise

Post by Signalversusnoise »

I'm running into a similar issue. When moving a track that has been imported from ampkit, a glitch is sometimes generated. This only seems to occur when a region has been moved multiple times. The glitch is definitely not part of the actual audio (when each track is individually soloed, no glitch can be heard). On the other hand, the glitch is present in the session even if you mute all tracks. This makes it impossible to know where the glitch is coming from. It is also occurring in the middle of a region. I'll try to clear the cache and see if it helps.
Signalversusnoise

How would I go about "flushing the cashes" as the previous poster stated?
Signalversusnoise

Thanks! solved my issues.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the clues, it helps. This is currently on the list as a priority one bug. But glad the workaround got you going again.