@ pwnified

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Touchy

@ pwnified

Post by Touchy »

Hey pwnified. i went ahead and bought MT, and it does do what i wanted it to :) Thanks for your help with my questions, much appreciated!. And it is a great little program.

A couple of things i was wondering about :-

1) Does MT have a tap tempo feature? if not would you consider adding it in an (the next) update ;)?.

2) Can you zoom a track verticaly, so you can have a track fill the whole of the track area? that would make setting regions and loops much easier. Again if not will you consdier adding that feature?

Thanks again
Touchy
Touchy

Re: @ pwnified

Post by Touchy »

I have been messing with MT for a while now,trying to set loops, and wow it is "INCREDIBLY" difficult to set loop points with those little dots and the thin time line. Almost every time i try to adjust the start or end points the loop region disappears and i have to try again, it can take a LONG time to get it right, and if it is just a little off and i try to get it spot on, bang the loops gone and i have to start all over again.
Can you please, please, see if you can find a better way to set loop points.

Thanks
Touchy
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

One of the main issues is that when releasing your finger, it makes one final "Move" which screws up the value you just carefully adjusted. A lot of the other controls in multitrack had the same problem. This will be fixed. Also I'll see what I can do about increasing the handle size for the loop markers.

A vertical zoom will probably make it in at some point. Tap tempo probably not, I'll try to explain why a bit later.
Touchy

Post by Touchy »

Ok thanks :)

Yes that is a problem with the loop markers moving when you take your finger off, gald you are gone fix that. And making the loop marker dots bigger will also help a great deal. Good news about the vertical zoom, and ashame about the tap tempo, but not that big a deal.

And while i am on the subject a coulpe more suggestions for your consideration.

1) would it be possible to make it so that you could mabey double tap a region and the loop turns on and sets it's self to that region, or even the full track.

2) Would it also be possible to some how kind of lock the loop markers so that you could set up a loop and then drag it to another part of the track without the start and end points moving, just the whole loop range moves?.

I know you have already said you are going to look at more looping options so i look forward to seeing what you come up with/implement.

Thanks
Touchy.
starBastet

Re: @ pwnified (Twitchy Loop Points)

Post by starBastet »

Yeah, pretty much what Touchy said.

Definitely a PLEASE PLEASE about the larger "hit area" for the Repeat Section markers, & a triple PLEASE about making them not so twitchy! I literally spend minutes trying to get a proper loop because they won't sit still when I release my finger & keep resetting when I adjust ( see http://forum.harmonicdog.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=280 ), & this can seriously interrupt workflow.

This may be a slightly different subject, but I wish there was a way to easily loop a track other than Copy/Paste. So I could record a rhythm guitar, then just drag on the end of it to loop it for however long I drag*. It's not necessarily looping the entire song, nor is it looping a section of the song, but rather looping a track - which means it could be used in tandem with - & not in lieu of - the Repeat Section markers. Is it there & I'm missing it?
*There was a Band in the Garage that does something like that ;)

I absolutely LOVE this App, it's more than an App, it's an Application! But these seemingly minor details can really hinder workflow & creativity.
aviavi

Post by aviavi »

+1
I find setting loop points incredibly difficult, so any improvements in this are would be most welcome!
Stackalee

Post by Stackalee »

Well this saves me starting a new post...

Basically exactly what Star said:

".... I wish there was a way to easily loop a track other than Copy/Paste. So I could record a rhythm guitar, then just drag on the end of it to loop it for however long I drag*"

- yep that band in the garage got this soo right!

Given the nature of a lot of the music apps that are in the iPhone copy/paste eco system lending themselves so readily to producing Loops - a really simple user friendly Loop system would be outstanding. Currently the process and fiddly-ness of trying to loop a small section over an entire track or even just a number of bars can get really frustrating, not to mention inaccurate.

This is a truly excellent app - many thanks for bringing out a such a quality product...

Please give it some Loop-loving...

Stack