Ampkit recording

How to use MultiTrack DAW
unibrow

Ampkit recording

Post by unibrow »

Hello, i haven't purchased multitrack yet and i am wondering If i plug a guitar directly into my ampkit link device and use headphones will i be able to listen to what i am recording at the same time i am listening to the other tracks?

I other words, i am sure that i can record through ampkit link and not use a mic if i plug directly into the device. but will i be able to hear both what i am playing and what i have already recorded together as a backuptrack through regular stereo headphones?

Thanks for your response
Anorton

Re: Ampkit recording

Post by Anorton »

For now, you can send a mix of your MultiTrack recording from your device into iTunes file sharing or wifi transfer to your computer, then import it from your computer back into Ampkit as a backing track. Next, you'll have to play along while recording in Ampkit. Finally, you have to send the recorded track back to your computer and upload it to MultiTrack and paste it from the bin to the track rail. It's somewhat inconvenient, but it does work well; however, Ampkit support has told me that they are adding copy and paste. MultiTrack's developer has said that he is also working on a way that MultiTrack can play in the background while we are recording in another app like Ampkit. This would illiminate the wifi transfers, and i suspect it will be coming very soon. There may also be a MultiTrack update that allows us to play live in one app while listening to and recording in MultiTrack, which is, as one of our members called it "The Ultimate Feature." Check out some of the discussions in the New Features section of this forum for more details.
unibrow

Post by unibrow »

Ok thanks for the reply.
I am as green as they get in recording. WIth multitrack can i through my ampkit link (just the device, not the program) plug in my keyboard (which i have done and it works) record a track on multitrack, then go to electronic drums and plug it in through ampkit link, and listen to the keyboard and drums while recording the drums, and then the same with the guitar?

I just want to make some backing tracks of songs that we do in church so i can practice my guitar with them.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, absolutely. You can playback up to 24 tracks while recording, and the recording will be perfectly aligned with the others. It also supports input monitoring with minimal latency, you'll need to turn it on in the menu once the headphones are plugged in.
unibrow

Post by unibrow »

Great. thanks for the help. looks like i will give it a try.
scubasimon

Post by scubasimon »

i have both the ampkit link and multitrack daw. however, the input signal seem to be really weak. is there a way to tweak it up in multitrack?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Not currently. You could try to boost the signal going into the link, with say an effects pedal. The next version will have extra gain for just this reason.
scubasimon

Post by scubasimon »

Thanks for the reply. I have resorted to increasing my headphone volume for now and just work with the weak signals and amplifying it at mixdown on my PC. Can't wait for the update!
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

AmpKit has copy and paste!!!!!!!!!!
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Awesome.