Looking for iPad recording from Apps workflow

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Rrkpl

Looking for iPad recording from Apps workflow

Post by Rrkpl »

I've been using MT since it came out for iPhone but since my ip4 and it's input issues I've moved to my iPad. Till now most of my recording was external (gutitar, vocal...). Of late I've started to use some of the iPad music apps and was wondering if anyone had figured out how to listen to previously recorded tracks like drum tracks pasted to MT DAW while playing a rhythm or lead track on Morphwiz or other app? To me it seems my biggest limitation is not being able to hear the tracks I've put on MT DAW when playing a new part on another app.

Wonder if anyone has come up with some type of workaround?
NeroShooter

Re: Looking for iPad recording from Apps workflow

Post by NeroShooter »

Good evening,

I understand what you would like to do. The point is MT doesn't work in the background yet. When the so waited iOS 4.2 is released for the iPad, MT will maybe be uptated to be compatible with multitasking, and then music apps would work together. But you'll have to wait, like me (I'm very impatient that iOS 4.2 is released...)
Suggest this feature in the suggestions section of the forum ;)

Hope my answer helped you.

Cheers
pwnified

Re: Looking for iPad recording from Apps workflow

Post by pwnified »

Yes, MultiTrack will support background playback and some other features in the next release. I don't think I can have it out before apple releases 4.2, but it's looking like about mid december for multiTrack release.