Stereo tracks being converted to mono

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Stereo tracks being converted to mono

Post by Anorton »

I'm copying sections of a mono vocal track from MultiTrack, pasting them into NanoStudio, adding reverb, and pasting them back into MultiTrack. I pasted about five regions back into MultiTrack which, to my surprise, were converted to stereo after being processed in NanoStudio. I'm on the last two regions now, but after adding the reverb, I'm unable to paste into the same track rail I pasted my other regions in. Additionally, when I paste in a different track rail, I get "warning: converted to mono." Any ideas?

*edit*
After trying again, I find that the controls on the track rail with my multiple pastes are also "frozen." This happened once before on the same song. Additionally, depending upon where I tap on the track rail, changes my hot box options: some areas detect the pasteboard whereas other areas don't. I am able to paste only the "ghost" region (and still get the "warning: converted to mono" message) from the pasteboard, but when I tap it into place, it disappears. I'm using a 32 gig, 3rd gen. iPod touch.

*edit*
This morning I tried again after shutting down. Two tracks were, for lack of a better word, frozen: unresponsive to any touch whatsoever. I started opening the "name" function on the other tracks (I have 17 tracks employing regions on this particular song) to see if opening the hot box and playing around with that would "wake up" the unresponsive tracks. That did work and I pasted the final two regions of my vocal track with reverb and "stereo" into MultiTrack.
pwnified

Re: Stereo tracks being converted to mono

Post by pwnified »

That sounds like a bug. Does this issue "frozen regions" come up only during a paste operation, and only when it converts from stereo to mono?
Anorton

Re: Stereo tracks being converted to mono

Post by Anorton »

The last time it happened was when I was pasting guitar tracks I recorded in AmpKit. I had to send those to my computer from AmpKit and upload them to a bin in MultiTrack. Then I opened the song in MultiTrack, and pasted the regions. Those tracks are mono, so there was no warning that I remember, so it seems to be just during pasting. The two times I've encountered this issue were when I was working on the same song. Both times were when pasting from other apps (AmpKit and NanoStudio). I have pasted regions from AmpKit, AmpliTube, BeatMaker, and doubled regions from MultiTrack on other songs without this happening. Could it just be something about this song?