How to split a region

How to use MultiTrack DAW
hanske

How to split a region

Post by hanske »

Hello

Just started to use the app and was surprised to find that there seems to be no way to split a region. As I am working in radio, I constantly split regions in order to delete or move sections of them. Can it be true that you can only trim region? I think I must be missing something. :?
Anorton

Re: How to split a region

Post by Anorton »

I'm pretty sure that split function will be part of the next update, which should be pretty soon.
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

Yes, I'm hoping this will make it into the net update as well.

Meanwhile, the workaround I use is to create a short punch in where I want to split, record there, and then delete that section which effectively creates a split. Not ideal, but reasonably fast and easy, and it gets the job done.
hanske

Post by hanske »

Thanks for the tip. I discovered you can use the loop selector (can't remember the proper name) to copy sections out of the original recording and put them on another track. One way to work would then be to keep the original recording on the top track, then copy the good bits down to the track below and move them together. Awkward but doable? My problem is that recordings can be as long as half an hour or more, so this could get very difficult in practise.