Unable to monitor using kV iPhone mic adapter

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Anorton

Unable to monitor using kV iPhone mic adapter

Post by Anorton »

I just received my kV iPhone XLR mic adapter. I get input and recorded sound but no monitoring in MultiTrack. Oddly, I get monitoring using AmpliTube's recorder. I'm using a 32 gig, 3rd generation iPod touch. Am I missing something? I have input monitoring checked in multiTrack. Input/microphone forum suggested it would work.
pwnified

Re: Unable to monitor using kV iPhone mic adapter

Post by pwnified »

I tested this unit and it's working. Can you see signal on the input VU meter in multitrack? Also the tracks volume fader controls the monitor level.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

OK, I tested the KV mic adapter again (I've been busy with the new Mikey), and I do not see a signal in the VU meter. Any suggestions? Again, it works with the AmpliTube recorder. Thanks.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

When you playback in multitrack, does audio come from the internal speaker? Or the kv output?
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

After recording, I can't hear the recorded audio through KV headphone line, but I can hear all the other tracks. I can only hear the KV vocals through the KV line faintly when I solo the track. I can hear the recorded audio when I plug my headset directly into the iPod touch during playback.

I hope this makes sense.

*edit*
I hear nothing coming out of the internal speaker when headphones and/or the KV adapter are plugged in. Just as a point of reference, I have full functionality in the AmpliTube recorder.
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

Problem solved. The built in microphone on the earbuds seems to be the culprit. Tried it with regular phones, and it works great. Sorry for wasting your time pwnified. As always, thank you.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ok good. To be honest I was out of ideas on that one. The question about the internal speaker was to see if Speaker Out was selected in Settings, which seems to be a recent problem with the new iOS. Weirdly the kvconnection here works with the Apple Headset I have.