mikey 2 stereo seems glitchy

How to use MultiTrack DAW
bluesjr

mikey 2 stereo seems glitchy

Post by bluesjr »

Hi,

I just got a mikey 2 for my iPhone 3gs and have purchased the 8 track DAW app. When I create new tracks, they are in mono and I can't figure out what to do to make them stereo.

The Blue Fire app for the mikey works fine and is in stereo, so the iPhone is detecting it properly.

For a brief moment, I had the DAW give me a stereo mikey track. But when I changed the mics sensitivity switch, it was mono again and stayed that way for all new tracks added.

I've tried reinitializing the app (close it, go to another app, and then return). And I've tried waiting for several seconds after plugging in the mikey or after going to the iPhone home page before launching DAW.

Any ideas on how to make the stereo mode stick would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Dave
pwnified

Re: mikey 2 stereo seems glitchy

Post by pwnified »

The multitasking in version 2.0.8 is a little touchy sometimes when swapping mics, with the iOS4. If you get a mono track, it means the mikey is not recording and it's the internal microphone that's being used. Try attaching the mic when Multitrack is not running, and then start MultiTrack. Also try restarting MultitTrack, (not just suspending it to the background), by double tapping the home button and then touch-holding the icon and closing it.
bluesjr

Post by bluesjr »

Thanks for the response. I didn't know about that method of closing suspended apps. Unfortunately, after trying the above, I'm still getting a mono track. I bought the Blue field recorder (FiRe) and it's working great.

Is that a known issue with version 2.0.8 that is being looked at? In other words, is there hope that a future update may resolve this problem? Or is it a problem with the newer iOS4 that causes an incompatibility?

Thanks again,
Dave
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Do you have Speaker Out selected in the menu? This could be causing the new iOS to overide the external mic device and use the internal. (later versions of iOS can only select an entire device and not split them up).

2.0.8 has limited background support, basically it only supports fast suspend and resume. The next version will have full background support including background recording.
bluesjr

Post by bluesjr »

Thank you pwnified!

I did have speaker out turned on. Once I turned it off and re-initialized, those beautiful stereo tracks appeared!

Thanks again for the help, I'm looking forward to playing a lot with this app.

Dave