Import/copy failure

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Niljam

Import/copy failure

Post by Niljam »

Trying to import audiofiles via the iPod-tab in MT DAW, and it says "Importing to Song". And the files are playable in preview.

But when I paste them onto an empty track, it keeps pasting only the first one I imported/copied over and over! There seems to be no new copying into the Clipboard here...
Erasing the region doesn't help. I keep getting the same region every time I paste.

Using iPad (iOS 4.2.1) and 44/16 wav-files, mono or stereo. Tried rebooting the iPad but no fix.

Please help! I need to build a back-track song for a live performance really soon.
Niljam

Re: Import/copy failure

Post by Niljam »

I converted the wave-files to aiffs, and that helped. (But the specs say wav-files should work...)
:)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Wav files should work, but it might be that some of your files are not compatible for some reason. We've tried many different formats and they all seem to work. If you don't mind, could send me one of the files that wont copy and I'll have a look.

MultiTrack should probably be more user friendly in this regard (like throwing up an error message when it has a problem) instead of just silently failing and leaving an old file still on the pasteboard.
Jangaat

Post by Jangaat »

Hello-

Exact same problem here. I can audition the .aiff file perfectly but it only pastes an old file I've already used previously. I shut down and restarted but the old file is still there.

I am attempting to use an Apple Loop from the "Jam Pack 3 - Rhythm Section" package of Apple Loops. The .aiff plays fine in iTunes.

I tried to import another, different, .mp3 from my iTunes library and it converted it and imported it fine. Must be the .aiff. I have alot of Apple Loops I would like to use, without converting them to .wav, if possible.

Thanks
J
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Is that a problem with any of the apple loops (aiff) files in the jam pack or a specific one?
Jangaat

Post by Jangaat »

The problem happens with all .aiff files In the Jam Pack.

I did convert them to .wav and they worked fine.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Ok, thanks. I'll try to locate some aiff files from a jam pack for testing.
Jangaat

Post by Jangaat »

OK, let us know what happens.

Thanks
J
northerner

Post by northerner »

Hi
Just joined the forum after buying Multitrack. Really nice bit of software, but i am having the same problem with importing files from the ipad library. Some tracks do open and load into bins, (ordinary wav or mp3 files) but any loops i have, either from magazine discs or from my own bought collections, won't. I wondered if this was maybe because the loops are 'acidized', that is, they have transient information embedded in the loop, and the sequencer can't manage that. The loops do play on preview, but just won't import. :?: If that is the case it's a shame. I bought the software specifically because of this feature.

Anyone (admin) any info on this.

Northerner
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

I can't get this to happen. Are you copying from the iPod Library? Could someone send me a file that has this problem? (wont copy to the pasteboard)