Import/copy failure

How to use MultiTrack DAW
northerner

Re: Import/copy failure

Post by northerner »

I'll send you a file when I get a minute. Before I do that I'll try something else that might confirm a problem with acidized files. As you probably know most bought sample sets come as sliced/acidized files and audio files. I'll try ripping the audio files as wavs and then try loading them. This means that magazine discs won't work. I hope that this problem doesn't apply only to certain machine setups.
Will get back asap. For anyone Reading this considering buying this software, this minor problem doesn't detract from what is a great piece of software.

N
northerner

Post by northerner »

I didn't try what i suggested in the last post, but I have imported the same files that i had difficulty loading from the ipad library but this time did it through iTunes - and they now worked. In this case they show up in the shared folder inside Multitrack. However, they do not seem to be importable into the program bins from the ipad library. Odd! Also odd that i can preview them in the program from the library but can't import them. And it seems to be a problem a couple of other people have.

I will now pm one of the files to see if you can replicate the problem. I'm not sure if this is an acidised file, but it is the one I tried to bring into the program.

By the way, when iTunes imporst files by drag and drop does it convert them in any way that might be causing a problem?

N
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Confirmed. It seems to be a problem with the iPod Library only (the iPod tab in MultiTrack), and only with short files. I'll dig into this more in a bit, it shouldn't be hard to fix. Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and northerner for the test files.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

It looks like a new bug with iOS. I've filed a bug report with apple.
The problem is that wav and aiff files exported from the iPod library have corrupt sizes in the headers, with the latest iOS releases. This is an issue with other apps also, any app that tries to export a wav or aiff file from the library has basically the same problem at this point.

Note that this problem only affects the iPod Library export, copying from the shared folder (iTunes File Sharing) still works as expected.

I also put in a hack/workaround for wav files, but not aiff files. The hack basically inserts a new size directly into the file stream, overwriting the badly formed size from the export. It works on wav files but I don't know enough about aiff file formats to hack those up right now. I'm really trying to get a beta of MultiTrack 3.0 for next week. Hopefully Apple will get on this bug and have a fix before I release.
northerner

Post by northerner »

Good to see you are on to it and glad to hear that there is an update on the way too!
I'd be happy to help with beta testing - but not sure how I could do that.
Good luc.
N