app closes when I open it

How to use MultiTrack DAW
ronmartyn

app closes when I open it

Post by ronmartyn »

Hello I just bought the Multitrack Daw app and it installs correctly on my IPAD when I open it (touch it) it open for one second then closes. I have tried removing it and reinstalling and everytime the same results. Help anyone else seen this? ron@martyn.com
ronmartyn

Re: app closes when I open it

Post by ronmartyn »

I am frustrated with it not working can I get my $ back sorry I have been trying to get it to work for 3 hours and no luck time to move on
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Sorry for your frustration. So far, this problem is always because of a jailbreak, particularly a version of "mobilesubstrate" that breaks some apps, MultiTrack included. Mobilesubstrate gets installed with some things like winterboard. Please see this thread: Jailbreak Compatibility to get you going.
ronmartyn

Post by ronmartyn »

Thank you I will try it
DavePDX

Post by DavePDX »

You can also update to 4.2.1 and jailbreak with the most recent version of MobileSubstrate. This is my preferred solution at this time There are a few caveats:

- USB audio devices require a hub under that firmware, though certain unpowered hubs work
- the most recent jailbreak still has some issues (beyond the scope of this forum)
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Good to know, thx for the update.
peraltafb

Post by peraltafb »

Please help.
I had purchases the full app including the upgrade to increase the number of tracks last year. When I opened it up today, it seemed to have hung because a screen with a box that says wifi on the bottom remained for a long time. So I deleted it, hoping to reinstall it from the app store. But when opened the app store, instead of showing the "install" button, it showed the price instead. Does this mean I have to purchase the app and the upgrade all over again?
Thank you for your help.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, you can repurchase an app for free, just make sure to use the same iTunes account.
peraltafb

Post by peraltafb »

Thank you.
But what about the in-app upgrade?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Yes, same deal with in-app upgrades, you will never be charged twice for the same upgrade. But make sure to repurchase the same upgrade that you originally got (there are 2 different ones). Contact me personally if you have any questions.

I've just put in a "Restore Purchases" button into multiTrack, to make all this much easier.