How do you do record fades on tracks? And other Qs?

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Daisrael

How do you do record fades on tracks? And other Qs?

Post by Daisrael »

I'm new, so please forgive me if I overlooked anything obvious.
I am finding it difficult to fade in and out on any track. Yes I can do it live, but I can't seem to make a permanent fade change on anything. Im used to being able to do fade ins and outs.
How do I do it in Multi Track?

Also when I import my sound files, loops etc. I can't get it to record them because they are mono. Why doesn't multitrack automatically detect and change the file as it's pasted in so I can quickly record?

Is there an easy drag and drop function of imported or pasted files? If not why? Do I really have to copy each file individually from the bin and then paste every single time?

Thank you for an help. I appreciate it.
pwnified

Re: How do you do record fades on tracks? And other Qs?

Post by pwnified »

Touch-hold to open the Hotbox and Edit the region you want to apply fades onto. Once in edit mode there will be 4 circle handles. The 2 outer handles change the start and end points of the region, the 2 inner handles adjust the fade in and fade out points. After changing the region to how you like, single tap outside the region to commit the changes. I'm trying to get the help file updated, it should be available shortly.
Daisrael

Re: How do you do record fades on tracks? And other Qs?

Post by Daisrael »

Thank you! I have seen it in edit mode, just didn't understand how that worked. This explains a lot, thanks again.