Recording iPhone 4 to iPad 2.

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Redart

Recording iPhone 4 to iPad 2.

Post by Redart »

Hello. New to multitrack DAW and have a few questions. I would like to use my iphone4 as an instrument to record to iPad 2 . The recording apps I use on both platforms are multitrack DAW, amplitude, GarageBand iPad 2, NANOSTUDIO. What I would like to do is use my iphone4 for effects for guitar and electric violin and record these parts to multitrack DAW on iPad 2. Any suggestions are appreciated very much. Also is there a straight forward way to import my tracks recorded on these other apps into Multitrack DAW. Thanks again for any advise you may have. Redart
pwnified

Re: Recording iPhone 4 to iPad 2.

Post by pwnified »

You could use a USB device with the camera connection kit to the iPad, like a griffin iMic. Then connect a stereo mini cord directly from the iPhone (the instrument) to the line in on the USB device. Heres a youtube vid using a cakewalk USB audio device:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JT7dIHBwGaQ
(it's in Japanese but you can get the idea)

For getting audio from other apps, you should be able to just use copy/paste in most of those apps.
Redart

Re: Recording iPhone 4 to iPad 2.

Post by Redart »

Thank you so much for info. I do have the cam connect kit for iPad. I will get a USB device in the next day or so. At the moment I have been recording on GarageBand and then emailing each track to myself as a mix fro GB and copy and paste to MTD. Working fine just time consuming. Love your app my friend and looking forward to effects etc in future. Keep up the great work. Thank you very much.