A Couple of (Simple) Feature Requests

New Features and requests for new features
espiegel123

A Couple of (Simple) Feature Requests

Post by espiegel123 »

Hi,

First off, let me say thanks for creating such an elegant and easy-to-use tool. I have a couple of suggestion/requests to make that would be helpful and could mostly be done without tweaking the user interface.

1) It would be great to have a few gestures supported so that some common tasks don't require using the Hot Box. For example, two finger dragging on a region could be used to move a region without having to put it into Edit mode via the hot box. A two-finger tap on a region could put the region into edit mode. And three finger drag and three finger tap could perform other common functions. And two and three finger taps could have other meanings when done on the control section. I.e. two finger tap could toggle the mute state and three finger tap could toggle solo. Maybe two-finger drag could set the fader level.

2) Ability to set a track to loop. I frequently want to set down a few measures of percussion or bass groove that I want to loop while I put down some foundation tracks. I'm not suggesting anything terribly fancy, just being able to set a track to loop indefinitely during playback/record.

3) A 'Paste Multiple' option. It would be useful if the Hot Box had a Paste Multiple option that would prompt you for the number of copies to paste.

4) A few additional export options that would make it much easier to incorporate the tracks I create in MultiTrack DAW with just about any desktop DAW. Something like these: Export Stems (which would export a folder that contains one audio file per track of the project), Export Regions which would export one audio file for each region in the project -- preferably named something like TrackName_RegionName)

Best,

Edward
grb

Re: A Couple of (Simple) Feature Requests

Post by grb »

Individual track looping would be lovely. Just a start and end point per track, whilst allowing non-looped recording onto another track. Great for working up ideas from 4 bars of chords etc. and grabbing the choice clips out of the non-looped recording. (a little like thumbjam, with the benefits of DAW alongside).

grb.