Selecting region to mixdown/share

How to use MultiTrack DAW
rdlipps

Selecting region to mixdown/share

Post by rdlipps »

Is there any way to select the region (ie start time and stop time) that is used when mixing down and sharing. For most of my recording I have dead space at the beginning and end of the recording that I would like to trim. Also there are times when I just want to share a portion of the recording and being able to select the portion that gets shared would be very useful.

If anybody could let me know if this is possible and if so how do I do it

Thanks
Anorton

Re: Selecting region to mixdown/share

Post by Anorton »

When you mix down a song, it can be opened in a new song. After you mix down to file sharing, open a new song, then tap the track to open the hot box. Tap bins, select "file sharing" and your mix down will be there. Copy and paste it into the blank track of the new song. Once you have it there, you can use the split feature to cut sections of the song for copy and paste. I hope this makes sense.
pwnified

Re: Selecting region to mixdown/share

Post by pwnified »

Also another way is to bounce, use the loop markers to highlight the timespace, and then select all the regions you want to include. Now make a hotbox copy, but open the hotbox within the loop markers on top of one of the selected regions. The resulting copy will be all the selected regions, bounced into a single new bin, with effects and volume balances, and trimmed to the loop markers, and placed on the pasteboard. You can now paste it into another app, or open a new song and paste (for a mixdown that can be shared)