Background recording

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Hillatious

Background recording

Post by Hillatious »

Before I buy it, I'd like to know if this program will allow you to keep recording even if you click over to another program. I need to record voice over auditions while on the road and can't print out my copy. I want to be able to view copy (for instance in Mail) and still record.
Thanks!
Thatbastarddon

Re: Background recording

Post by Thatbastarddon »

DAW seems to function ok in the background here. I just engaged record and checked my mail, and opened safari on ipad 2. Recording seems uninterrupted. I did not open anything that would fight for audio control though.
Hillatious

Post by Hillatious »

Thank you! That's all I need to be able to do. Gonna buy it...
Goofypriest

Post by Goofypriest »

Hold on a minute. I'm trying to record in the background with no luck.

I would like to play a track I've recorded on to MT then switch over to another app to record along with the MT track. Monitoring as I do. Is it possible? MT stops play back once I leave it.
Thatbastarddon

Post by Thatbastarddon »

I use the notes app for lyrics while recording in multitrack with no problems.
Are you using an app for reading copy that also has audio functionality?
If so, that would present an issue.
I have multitrack running in the background playing as i type this on safari, on ipad2.

I hope you are able to work this out

Don
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

MultiTrack will continue to play or record when leaving the app (tapping the home button) as long as you have updated versions of everything and you have a 3GS, 3rd gen, or iPad. However if you start another app it's dependent on the other app taking over the audio exclusively.