iPad 1, Sound Devices USBPre 2

How to use MultiTrack DAW
harborpictures

iPad 1, Sound Devices USBPre 2

Post by harborpictures »

Hi,

I see in the posts that some folks have had success with the USBPre2 and MultiTrack. I'm not having any luck so far. I have the USBPre 2 in Stand-Alone mode, and powered. It's set for 44.1 out. I'm connecting to the iPad though the USB camera connector.

When using DAW, I'm only getting the internal iPad mic - not the external input from the USBPre 2.

Can anyone assist with the getting the iPad to recognize the USBPre2?

Thanks,

Bill
Anorton

Re: iPad 1, Sound Devices USBPre 2

Post by Anorton »

I don't have that device, but sometimes I have to close all apps that are running in the background including MultiTrack when using the dock connector as an input. Next, I open MultiTrack, then plug in the camera connection kit with whatever interface I've got hooked up to it.
Keith

Post by Keith »

I've been using my USBpre2 for almost a year with MT. I use a Belkin powered hub. I dont usually start the pre into 1.1, just let it start. I usually plug into the powered hub then into the cck. It doesn't seem to make a difference if the cck is plugged into the iPad or cable first. I do make sure that MT is not on.(double click home and quit MT) Let me know if this does not work. I also sometimes use an Energizer USB battery and can get seven hours of recording with phantom on. Feel free to contact me. I think it is the best sounding new device for iPad on the market.
harborpictures

Post by harborpictures »

Thanks for the replies.

I got it working - the key was starting MT after the USBPre and hub were connected.

Kieth - can you tell me more about your battery power for the USB hub? As great as all the SoundDevices stuff is, I miss having the USBPre have a battery powered option. It would make the iPad use much better to ditch the USB hub.

Thanks,

Bill
Keith

Post by Keith »

I use a Belkin powered hub to an Energizer XPAL xp4001 with a USB y cable. Here are some links.

http://www.cablestogo.com/product.asp?c ... &sku=28108

http://www.google.com/products/catalog? ... ps-sellers
DSCN2127.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
harborpictures

Post by harborpictures »

Thanks Keith,

I had not seen a Y USB cable before - that was the missing link for me in using one of these USB power blocks.

I appreciate the tip!

Bill