Audio bleeding into other tracks

How to use MultiTrack DAW
Version_6

Audio bleeding into other tracks

Post by Version_6 »

Hey all. I'm having an issue with audio, particularly the click track, ending up in the tracks I've just recorded. I'm recording guitar through an irig and a Mesa triaxis or digitech rp50. Anyone able to enlighten me as to why this may be happening and how I can stop it?
pwnified

Re: Audio bleeding into other tracks

Post by pwnified »

The iRig has bleed especially with transient sounds like a click. The ampkit link is much better about crosstalk , if you must use the headset input, although crosstalk still exists. For the iRig, you could get an external headphone amplifier, and therefore turn down the output on the iphone and crank the headphone amp. This reduces the amount of signal that has a potential to bleed. This is basically what the ampkit link does to reduce crosstalk (it takes a couple batteries to power the internal amp).

The best way to eliminate the bleed altogether is to use another input method like the doc connector analog line in/out (3GS and earlier), or a USB device (iPad w/camera connector kit), or a usb doc connector device for iPhone (apogee jam, fostex ar-4i). The iPod 4th gen is limited for input options at this time, if thats the type of device you have, you're out of luck at this moment, with the exception of the headphone amp trick mentioned above.
Version_6

Post by Version_6 »

Thanks for clarifyin that for me. I use an io dock for my other stuff but got given an irig and it's nifty for quick spontaneous stuff. I'm still getting used to using MT after using Protools HD for the last 4 years. I'll probably invest in the jam as I've heard good things about them.
Version_6

Post by Version_6 »

I should clarify, I use the irig on my iPhone 4 for quickly tracking stuff on the go.