The NEW UPDATE ROCKS!!!

New Features and requests for new features
tob

The NEW UPDATE ROCKS!!!

Post by tob »

Hey Guys,

The new update as of today... includes built in reverb and delay... it's AMAZING! As far as I'm concerned... Done and Game Over!

My wish list is now complete. For a pocket multi-track recorder, hands down this is simply the best. I'm an acoustic musician using this as a tool for arranging, harmonies, scratchpad, etc...

Yes I could go on and on with more desires, but why? Considering all this does in your phone... it's awesome. I come from a Protools background and have worked in multiple studio spaces. DAW is now complete by my standards for my needs. Once I start jones-ing for a bigger screen etc... my wish list restarts. But I have to say, I stop right here with the new update and am thrilled with what can be done.

Excellent work! We are extremely fortunate to have a developer who really pours his heart and soul into this app, responds to folks immediately, is open minded, and teaches us the challenge of engineering solutions yet makes it work.

Thanks Harmonic Dog... truly a useful tool and I love having this in my pocket. Feature rich and inspiration loaded. Congratulations! I love it!

-tob
anfirmor

Re: The NEW UPDATE ROCKS!!!

Post by anfirmor »

Absolutely wonderfully. This update is incredible. Now you can record with the feel of ambient space in your cans, very important IMHO!

Full marks to pwnified for all this hard work and for resisting the trend to make this an in app purchase. The update has the added advantage of creating extra space on my phone - I won't be needing the other multitrack apps now. I will be purchasing the extra Multitrack DAW tracks today as humble thank you.

Well done indeed!!!!
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

hey there the new reverb delay is really a nice addition!! it's also sweet that you can bounce regions with all the cool new master effects applied to them too (find a region, move it to where there's some space after it, solo it on the track, create a blue loop area around it, turn the track's fx send up all the way, add lots of reverb/delay in the master fx section, click hold on the region and copy it... close down your project, open a different project and paste your audiocopy into a blank track and viola you have a bounced version with the master fx applied (it will only be as long as the loop are you set))...

just curious is there a reason why, if you have a long delay/reverb tail - why after a few measures the tail will just cutoff? i wanted a long tail at the end of my song but the reverb just auto cuts off after a little while at the end. any ideas for a remedy or do i just need to run a quiet white noise region into the master fx that is the length of the tail (i'm assuming it cuts off if it's not fed sound for a little while)?
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the kind words, that means a lot to me! it's a bit tough to keep it all simple and powerful at the same time, and keep the gimmicks out. So many apps are getting loaded with junk so this app must buck the trend. More features will be added in the future, but simplicity, quality and stability will always be top priority. Thank you!

@offthesky About the reverb/delay tail, it's set to about 8 seconds with no input, I could make this longer. What is the maximum time you would need a tail to be? But your idea for inserting a tiny proxy noise does work to keep the reverb from shutting down after 8 seconds. The noise could be inaudible, just not zero.
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

hey thanks for askn'! i think doing the proxy trick is probably a decent solution to those extreme delay feedback/reverb tail cases [like how i typically like to abuse my effects ;]

but if the tail just had an 8 second volume-fade out after the 8 seconds of silence mark, that would seem like a natural solution...
lpster

Post by lpster »

I'm a little late to this thread since I JUST discovered this site, but I want to echo the other users in thanking you for such an awesome app! I was so excited to check out the new reverb features, and imagine my surprise when I learned that there was an in-built microphone as well! (I was previously using my laptop to play metronomeonline, hah).

Again, THANK YOU. This app is amazing and it's just what I was needed for my mini arrangement projects.
pb25193

Post by pb25193 »

wow. im late too. ive been using daw since may. and ive been wishing for reverb all this time and look theres an update already! will i have to re purchase and re install the app? or can i update my version? is it free? or a paid update? i am using iOS 3.1.3 ipod touch 3rd gen. any clarification is highly appreciated. :)
Roostrider

Post by Roostrider »

It's free, you just need to hit the "update" button, no repurchase necessary.

And thanks for the free new effects! I have yet to use it, but, for free it can't hurt.... :)