Recording

How to use MultiTrack DAW
DavePDX

Re: Recording

Post by DavePDX »

To the left of the word "wifi" is a big + sign. That's how you create a new song.

As for whether I record acoustic or electric, it depends on the song. It doesnt really matter because i eventally discard the initial track. I just prefer to use that instead of a click track.

As for separate tracks, yes, of course I record most everything in a separate track. The majority of my tracks are recorded directly into MultiTrack. I only use Ampkit when i want to record a guitar part with fx. If you look in Ampkit, you'll see you can export the part you record Without the backing track. You can then go back into MT and create a new track, then paste the part you recorded/ exported in AmpKit into that new track. Just like a real studio, each part can be on its own track with whatever panning & level you choose.

It's WELL worth the effort to learn how to use MultiTrack. This is a very powerful app!
anfirmor

Post by anfirmor »

Has IOS5 added anything that would make routing through amplitude, ampkit or similar a possibility? I thought I read somewhere about more flexibility on the audio front.

I would suggest that the most painful issues we see regarding M.DAW are out of the developers control and are a result of the evangelistic conditions that Apple enforces. I think that M.DAW performs really well DESPITE of Apple and not because of it. Look at the lack of serious input devices and disabling of the CCK for iphone 4 users..I understand the frustrations but it really needs Apple to play fair so we may all benifit.
sincityroxx

Post by sincityroxx »

Hi Dave,
I have never seen such a hard app. to use. I have a list of backing track's on my Amplink. I am not sure how i even got 1 backing track into MT. I closed that song, opened a new song. When i try to paste a track into a new track, it keep's on pasteing the same track from the old song. I think the HOTBOX is flat out not cool. As soon as you take your finger off the screen, it goes away, WHAT!!!! I do not even see an option or pasteboard to choose track's from. It just keep's pasteing the only track it know's from a closed song...
Anorton

Post by Anorton »

sincityroxx wrote:Hi Dave,
I have never seen such a hard app. to use. I have a list of backing track's on my Amplink. I am not sure how i even got 1 backing track into MT. I closed that song, opened a new song. When i try to paste a track into a new track, it keep's on pasteing the same track from the old song. I think the HOTBOX is flat out not cool. As soon as you take your finger off the screen, it goes away, WHAT!!!! I do not even see an option or pasteboard to choose track's from. It just keep's pasteing the only track it know's from a closed song...
Think of copying and pasting he same way you do it in a document file. The last thing copied is the next thing pasted. AmpKit will give you a list of your recordings. You have to paste them into MultiTrack one at a time. The backing tracks in AmpKit are backing tracks FOR AmpKit. I don't think they can be exported.

As for the HotBox, try sliding your finger to the tab you want. As long as your finger stays on the screen, the hotbox will remain open.

I suggest keeping an open mind and changing the way you're thinking about recording music on iOs devices. It gets easier and you can get very creative if you work with it a bit.
sincityroxx

Post by sincityroxx »

I finally got it, yeah. Yes your right, the last thing you paste is what goes into MT. I have found a way that you can paste backing track's into MT. Here is the trick, you hook up your amplink just as normal, plug a guitar cable into the 1/4 input, but don't plug your guitar into the other end. Now your amplink think's there is a guitar plugged in. Go ahead and choose a setting, turn the amp on for your setting. Choose a drum beat under ( Backing Tracks). Hit record and just the drum's will record because there is no guitar plugged in, it will record just the drum's. This is the way to put your drum's on different track's on MT. I do it this way because your guitar should not be on top of your drum's. I put drum's on 2 track's, both panned center, guitar's on 2 track's( one panned hard left and the other panned hard right. Guitar's should not be on the same track as the drum's, no way to adjust the mix for each. When i REALLY do my major recording on LIVE 5, i will sometimes have drum's on 3 seperate track's, guitar on 4 track's-hard left-hard right-then the other two will be panned about half way between hard and center. This way the guitar's sound HUGE. I read a story about the guy from system of a down( lead singer) and he had 8 guitar tracks. It sound's like just what i do. I think 50 is panned all the way. One guitar is 50, next might by 40, next 30 and last one like 20. Anyway's, now it's time to figure out that trim option, with those handle's and stuff. Peace out :twisted: