Feature recommendation - Select all

New Features and requests for new features
Stratmover

Feature recommendation - Select all

Post by Stratmover »

Is there a way to "select all" audio clips in a song or "select all" audio in a track. If not this would be a simple yet convenient tool. It can be challenging scrolling and selecting songs that have many clips. Often touch outside and clear selections, having to start over. Frustrating.
pwnified

Re: Feature recommendation - Select all

Post by pwnified »

I didn't add that feature, because I didn't think there was a time when many people would be moving large groups of regions. With my workflow, it just didn't happen enough to justify adding the button (or selection mode). But let me know your technique or workflow or why you need it. Maybe, a hotbox button only when holding over the track header, to select all regions on a track?
Stratmover

Post by Stratmover »

I will admit, my workflow has changed some with your excellent updates (effects), I don't need to move whole tracks around as much but i still do. First, understand that I travel alot and work mon to fri away from home/my studio, I will work a lot on the train or plane. So I use my iPhone entirely for demos. It has actually been quite freeing - forcing simplicity (though my eyes may go) Generally, I will copy a whole track(s) into another app whether for effects or to work on adjacent tracks using sound generating apps (ie keys, strings etc), then transport back into multitrack DAW. sometimes I might want to bounce a whole project into a track or two to work on additional tracks (projects can get a little large to be swiping around on an iPhone screen). I think a hotbox option to select all regions in a track would be perfect.
pwnified

Post by pwnified »

Alright, I'll see what I can do about adding a sort of select all in track, possibly on the track header hotbox lower right.
Stratmover

Post by Stratmover »

Hello. What is the status of this feature. I find myself using multitrack less and less because I can't be bothered to go thru the hassle of selecting all regions in a track to move back and forth between apps. As a musician who works with guitarc and midi I use a lot of different apps. Garage band has been great as a sketch pad, being able to work in audio and midi but I still really appreciate the edit and effects capabilities in your app. Help me out. I see a lot of people asking for midi in DAW. I understand that that's not the point. If we could move tracks back and forth more easily this wouldn't be needed. Ere are a lot of good midi apps out there.