Problems with new application update-Please help!

How to use MultiTrack DAW
logicshouldprevail

Problems with new application update-Please help!

Post by logicshouldprevail »

Hello, I have an I-phone 4 and about a month ago, I updated my Harmonic Dog application to the new one with the reverb and other effects. I loved it! About two weeks later or so, I was informed that there was another update available (even though it said no new features were added. I think it said a "bug" had been fixed) and I chose to update yet again.

Since this latter update, I have been having problems with the application. First, often when I drag the yellow vertical line to where I want to go on the track, after I hit play, the track continues from the old area, ignoring my recent request. Secondly, there's a lot more static/background noise on my recordings now even though I haven't changed my recording location or any other external factors that could influence this. Thirdly, if I go to record a new track on a project which I already have laid some other tracks on, there's a lag sometimes in the recording time. As a result, even though what I recorded sounded as if it was in time as I was recording it, when I go to listen, it sounds WAY off. I've not had any of these problems before that update so I don't think this has anything to do with my technique as a musician. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
pwnified

Re: Problems with new application update-Please help!

Post by pwnified »

Really nothing drastic changed from the 3.1 the 3.1.2 update, only the option to switch measurement mode off in the Settings app (and being off by default). This could account for a slight noise difference between the versions.

There is a bug with the timebar flipping back to old positions sometimes, espescially when switching to background and back again then moving the timebar without playing first. This is a known bug and has been there for a while.

About the latency, the Settings app has a latency adjustment (change the buffer size to change latency, smaller buffers mean less latency). However, it shouldn't sound off even with 512 buffer sizes because it's compensated. What might be happening is another app is forcing the CoreAudio latency to another setting. If this happens, MultiTrack will use the wrong values for compensation. Try rebooting the device and running only multitrack, and see if the latency issues are resolved. If this fixes the problem, we could try to pinpoint the other app doing this. If in fact this is the issue I'll make another update for MultiTrack, which will force the latency back to the values set in Settings when MultiTrack switches back to the foreground.