Help getting started

How to use MultiTrack DAW
mortenbak

Help getting started

Post by mortenbak »

Hello.
I am new to this world of recording directly on to an Ipad.
Normally i use DAW Multitrack for playback at my work with recording film and television. I get the audio send to my as mp3 files and the easily open them in DAW Multitrack app.
I now try to find a 2i2 interface to work with DAW Multitrack, so i can record a two track L/R to my ipad, and then use the recording as playback, afterwards.
My Ipad is 7. generation - IOS version 16.4.1
It operates with a lightning access

My queation is... What kind of interface, will work with this setup. What hardware, cables etc do i need to record directly onto my ipad/DAW Multitrack ?

I hope someone can guide me in the right direction.

Best Regards
Morten
pwnified

Re: Help getting started

Post by pwnified »

Hi Morten,

The 2i2 is a good choice, they recommend a powered hub though because it draws some power for the phantom mics. You'll also need the lightning to usb adapter. This is how they suggest the setup: https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/ ... OS-devices

If you don't need phantom mic power you may be able to find a low power interface, like the scarlet Solo, that can run on bus power ie. without the usb hub. And any interface that plugs into the wall, doesn't need a hub either.
Drake.Lacatski

Re: Help getting started

Post by Drake.Lacatski »

Hi Morten! For using the 2i2 with your iPad, you’ll need a Lightning to USB adapter to connect the audio interface. The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 works well with DAW Multitrack, but make sure you have external power since the iPad won’t provide enough through Lightning.

You could also consider an iOS-compatible interface with built-in power. iRig Pro Duo is a good option if you want to avoid extra cables. Double-check compatibility before buying ;)