Effects!

New Features and requests for new features
johnnymultitrack

Effects!

Post by johnnymultitrack »

OK so you have given us "Slice" and I am a happy guy.

Now onto my next boggle.....EFFECTS!

Thank you so much for the EQ and Compressor. They are in my opinion VERY important and should have been the first to be initiated.

Now, moving forward.

The Amplitube app has a feature called "re-amping" or something like that. The app records a version of my guitar track with effects, and one without. I can then decide to tweak the effected track with different effects and settings. Maybe you could do something like that.

In the "FX" tab you should include Chorus, Reverb, Delay and Distortion. Phaser, Pitch Shifting, Octave and others should follow.

Maybe you could include a few mic models or different cabinet features as well.

I am really stoked about this app with the new features. I am sure that the next update will bring more surprises. Thank you again for developing such a useful and professional app.
ccwilson

Re: Effects!

Post by ccwilson »

While waiting for the next update why not make the most of what is available to you now. With copy/paste and the new split/fader commands, Multitrack Daw and the Ampkit app (used as an effects rack) make perfect partners to create all you have described and it really is not that much hassle to move audio between the two apps. The free version of Ampkit gives you reverb through the included amp and a modest upgrading to the American Acoustic amp offers you various reverb/chorus/delay/vibrato settings. There is also a neat phase switch in the Acoustic amp - if you re-amp a track in Ampkit with the phase switch in the opposite position, bring both tracks into Multitrack Daw, panning one track hard left and the other hard right, you can get a nice stereo widening effect. So, with a little experimentation and very little outlay, there are loads of possibilites available to you right now. I have yet to try the updated Multitrack Daw with Nanostudio but I am sure the new split command will dramatically improve the workflow.

Pwnified, thanks for a great update!
Evan

Post by Evan »

Delay, would be my next fr.
Reverb would be nice but delay is super simple!
Talk in other posts about caching...
Just like eq processes in real time, tail fx just do the same:
Stream the In put to output, non destructive, effects only appear
Hard coded on mixdown just like all other daw...
For now I miss that simple fx.
Well Rewire like use with amplitude would scream!!! If I can get playback of mt while herring amplitube as well, were in business even if recorded out took awhile to get to disk.
offthesky

Post by offthesky »

yeah i third all the comments on this thread - effects like delay or reverb would be super. the developer of this could also make a fortune off of microtrans if he added individual effects upgrades for sale(like what ampkit does with their pedals). id personally pay for a nice reverb, filter or distortion that could be used in track or when bouncing! but for now, ampkit is pretty much awesome...
Evan

Post by Evan »

noooo! no microtrans...
just make a solid app at the already 'high' price of $20
i reall y am off put by being nickel and dimed for each little thing n those other apps
the worst is amplitube forcing out any dock connector so you have to buy their irig.
theres an element of selfish profit that doesent benefit the whole
and it also damages the seller in the end one way or another.

all said, sinc3e multitrack is the only serious daw on the iphone id pay still for fx upgrades but i dont think thasts the issue its his priority and time selection i think...
phormz

Post by phormz »

Evan wrote:noooo! no microtrans...
just make a solid app at the already 'high' price of $20
i reall y am off put by being nickel and dimed for each little thing n those other apps
the worst is amplitube forcing out any dock connector so you have to buy their irig.
theres an element of selfish profit that doesent benefit the whole
and it also damages the seller in the end one way or another.
Absolutely! ...I have Amplitube on the iPad with every in-app purchase. Great app, but it's been killed for me by the purposeful lack of compatibility with recording methods other than their crappy iRig which is noisy as hell and suffers some nasty crosstalk. I sold mine within 2 weeks of purchase. :x Why don't they support recording via the dock connector? ...Very bad long term decision. If someone thinks they will benefit by using an app, they'll buy it ...Having lots of import / export options will only add to it's value and customer base, as it lets users develop their own workflow. No need to cynically force them into doing things one way and one way only ...that's greedy, ugly behaviour.

This is obviously NOT the way MT is being developed. I see here a much more open ended, flexible, approach that gives people the freedom to choose how they work. Long may it continue!! :D
Evan

Post by Evan »

indeed. i returned my irig in a few weeks as well for the same reasons
i want to start working with digital ins like apogee has.
i pray that multitrack will continue to evolve as a solid app that doesent shut out the end user...