Un-arm Track

New Features and requests for new features
Dave K

Un-arm Track

Post by Dave K »

Can we have an option to un-arm a track when record stop is selected please. I know its really easy to select un-arm once the recording is finished, I just find it an extra step that is maybe not needed before you can hear the track.
pwnified

Re: Un-arm Track

Post by pwnified »

Thanks for the request. The problem with many options is that it tends to clutter the interface, and increase the learning curve. I'm not knocking the request, it seems like a good request for a particular workflow. But the point of MultiTrack was to keep it simple and powerful at the same time, it's hard to do that.
Sing4Joy

Post by Sing4Joy »

I like this request, since I almost always want to hear immediate playback of what I've just recorded, and also find it (slightly) annoying to having to un-arm as an extra step. That said, I quite understand the need to keep the app uncluttered. To kill two birds with one stone, why not handle this by adding a Setting that allows the user to choose whether the app will "auto-unarm for immediate playback" or not?

I'm sure there are more pressing issues for you to do deal with, but maybe this one isn't too tricky?
Erik dP

Post by Erik dP »

I like this idea. Also a similar "continue to record" setting as I find myself rewinding to the beginning to re-record a track which I know I failed to nail, and I don't need to listen to it. Now the record button turns grey when I rewind to the beginning.